cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Allow Panelist(s) to See All Questions

Allow Panelist(s) to See All Questions

Not so much a question as a feature request.  (I thought we had a category for that.)

Please add the ability for an organizer to allow a specific
panelist (or all panelists) to view ALL questions.

Currently, must promote them to Organizer, which gives them the power to END the meeting.  I always warn them
when it's necessary to do this. I point out Exit Webinar vs End
Webinar should they need to withdraw from the session.  It has still happened by accident. 

It also gives them too many other powers, like ability to dismiss people.  Mostly it works out okay, until the curious "organizer" starts clicking on options!

62 Comments
JHB
Frequent Contributor
No. Panelists can be added during configuration and anyone can be promoted to panelist or organizer DURING the session. Until recently, it had to be license holder in your group to set someone as an co-organizer during configuration, but they recently added the functionality to name external organizers.  Those named organizers can't EDIT the meeting but they arrive in the organizer role, with all those those permissions.
Rick Harris
Active Contributor
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Questions Panel functions.

I find the Questions Panel in GoToWebinar challenging.  I set up a webinar and invited a couple of experts as panelists.  However, they couldn't see the questions unless I assigned a particular question to them.  Why not allow my "experts" to see all the questions and help to provide the answers.  It is very hard to "assign" the questions that come in rapidly.  It required me to read the question, understand which panelist to select, and then assign it. 

So, I thought, maybe I can turn off the questions completely and just use chat.  Nope, apparently not.  About halfway through some attendees were using the Questions panel and some were using Chat.  I'd like a little more control over what the attendees can use, and I should be able to give blanket access to the Questions panel for the panelists. 
Ken4
Frequent Contributor
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Yo! Requesting once again on my wish list. Why does a presenter need to be made a....

That's just wrong. Presenters are typically just that, only presenting and doing questions at the end. A presenter should be able to see the q and a box and not have to be made an organizer to do so. 
Seems like an easy request
Ken4
Frequent Contributor
Agree with JHB and Ken. That's all I'm saying is they need to be able to view questions box as panelist without giving them organizer rights. I'm not worried about the polling as a panelist because I give them keyboard and mouse controls from a 2nd computer of mine anyway, so they see the results like the attendees once the results are shared. 
Panelist should see the question section. Thanks
Tony Tissot1
Active Contributor
I want to keep this request live. Add a way for a panelist to see all questions - Without having to be made an Organizer.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Tony Tissot
Please add the ability for an organizer to allow a specific
panelist (or all panelists) to view ALL questions.
Joshua Roy
Yes I would like this ability as well.  I see no reason why I wouldn't want everyone to see the questions.  This should be an option.  Right now they can only see questions after we answer.  We get the same questions over and over because no one can see existing questions.
Michael Theisen
I'm surprised this has not been added, nor a chat area that all can see. This is so behind the tech times for webinars and virtual meetings. Why does nit not exist in GTW? Our attendees are so used to it and now they are complaining.
Echo2
Yes, please