cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Allow Panelist(s) to See All Questions

Allow Panelist(s) to See All Questions

Not so much a question as a feature request.  (I thought we had a category for that.)

Please add the ability for an organizer to allow a specific
panelist (or all panelists) to view ALL questions.

Currently, must promote them to Organizer, which gives them the power to END the meeting.  I always warn them
when it's necessary to do this. I point out Exit Webinar vs End
Webinar should they need to withdraw from the session.  It has still happened by accident. 

It also gives them too many other powers, like ability to dismiss people.  Mostly it works out okay, until the curious "organizer" starts clicking on options!

62 Comments
levipay

Thanks, @AshC.  

Yes, but it is not really just "by default" that questions are private...there is no way to change this setting.  That's what I was suggesting should change. 

For some of my webinars, I receive a lot of feedback saying "I wish we could have seen the questions other people were asking" and, sometimes, I would like to at least have the option to switch that on.  It does exist as an option, I believe, in GoToTraining, so it must be possible, technically.

I hadn't thought of the polling on the fly option to achieve the 'upvoting' - although that would rely on having one or two people helping me deliver the webinar, as this isn't something I could do while presenting.  Also, I am not sure it quite as neat as upvoting.  It feels a little bit like I am exposing the people who asked the losing questions by doing it in a poll.

Other systems - like WebinarJam and BigMarker - just this open chat and upvoting stuff pinned down.  I chose GoToWebinar because, in other respects, the product wins through.  But it was a much closer call than it should have been, given that GoToWebinar doesn't have these increasingly standard options.

L.

JHB
Frequent Contributor

Having a co-organizer start (or end) the meeting accidentally is a real problem. Yet many of us are basically forced to promote most staff to organizer level in order that they can see all the questions and help manage that process.

I really wish a permission level would be added where you have someone who can see the questions but not the power to launch or end the meeting.

Stacey19
Visitor

Rather than assign questions to panelists as the moderator (admin) I want all panelists to see them.  Is that possible?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

That is not currently possible, though it has been mentioned here many time.

Webinar Studio
Contributor

I support this.  We get many presenters that would prefer to have the audience help decide which questions to cover during Q&A.  And instead of getting the same question over and over, they can just 'upvote' it. 

This could be a feature to turn on/off as needed.  Privacy doesn't have to be an issue because the attendees would only need to see the question but not who asked it. 

A great alternative would be to have two options for attendees - 

Ask a general, public question

Private question sent only to organizers

Webinar Studio
Contributor

Adding another vote for this to be added!

joshmfish
New Contributor

Its amazing that this same request and issues around a co-organizer being able to end a webinar for everyone when you just want them to see the questions dates back to 2014! It's 2020.

Laelka

We also have to use multiple webinar platforms because the attendees cannot see the Questions coming in GoToWebinar. To compete with Zoom, GoToWebinar should absolutely create an option to allow attendees to see the Questions (just like we have one for them to see the attendee list) so we can decide for ourselves what level of moderation each session will have. Sometimes we want the Questions open, and sometimes we want it more closed. Would be nice to have a checkbox option.

Laelka

I also get feedback from both presenters and attendees constantly on this. Biggest reason that we also use Zoom for webinars because the attendees cannot see the Questions coming in GoToWebinar. To compete with Zoom, GoToWebinar should absolutely create an option to allow attendees to see the Questions (just like we have one for them to see the attendee list) so we can decide for ourselves what level of moderation each session will have. Sometimes we want the Questions open, and sometimes we want it more closed. Would be nice to have a checkbox option.

HeloSantos
Active Contributor

I would like to request an improvement so that the Guests (Panelist) can see the questions asked by the attendees, or that the secondary organizers cannot end the webinar or recording of it.

Gostaria de solicitar uma melhoria para que os Convidados (Panelist) possam ver as perguntas feitas pelos participantes, ou que os organizadores secundários não possam encerrar a webinar ou a gravação dele.