Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

'Cancel this Registration' to be listed as optional

0 Kudos

'Cancel this Registration' to be listed as optional

We recently discovered the 'cancel this registration' appearing on our reminders e-mail notifications as well as the confirmation of registration screen.  We would like to see it made optional for those organizations that need it, our company does not want it and therefore have to go through great lengths to be sure it does not interrupt or confuse our students.  Our classes are decided 2 weeks out and at that point there is no option for a refund, but having this comment in the reminders leading up to the training, it makes it seem to our students that it could be an option.

31 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Jamie,

At this time it is not possible to make the link optional. Are you paying attendees canceling their registrations by mistake, or is the issue mainly that you do not want them thinking they can cancel and request a refund?
Sandra Florindo
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to delete line in confirmation email> To Cancel this Registration You may ca....

Most of our webinars are sold, not free. Registrants therefore cannot cancel their registration free of charge,

Can I edit this line or remove it?

Thanks,

Sandra
Jamie Hyre
We have the same situation, our courses are not free and our cancellation policy with refund is two weeks before the course begins which is far too late for the reminders to list an option for cancellation.  It has confused our students because they believe they have the option to cancel when they get the notifications and don't understand that the 'cancellation' comment is outside of our control. We disabled the reminder e-mails because of it, but we are still stuck with the registration screen when students login having the cancellation option listed.

I spoke with Citrix this morning and they indicated that this is not editable at this time and that I should submit it as a idea so others could also comment I guess.
Melissa Irwin-P
Active Contributor

We have just started using GoToTraining and are in the same situation, our webinars are not free and have a 48 hour cancellation policy as well.  We are very clear when advising our clients of this policy so when the reminders state that they can cancel at any time it looks very unprofessional for us.

PHAUS1
I also would like to see this option editable. I don't track how many people register via GoTo, because I already have a list generated via our reservation process. Cancellations need to be requested 24 hours in advance. This, however, implies otherwise and is, as others have suggested, very confusing and unprofessional.

Thanks!
Melissa Irwin-P
Active Contributor

I wonder if there has been any consideration given to this request? 

IS Manager
I would like to bump this as well. We had an issue where an attendee accidentally cancelled her registration and then re-registered and got new link with new code. When she went to attend the meeting used her original email and got access denied.

We do not want the people to be able to cancel via the email as it will not reflect in our backend registration system.

I propose that on the meeting and email setups there be a check box that says include or omit the cancellation information for the webinar emails. If omitted maybe the cancellation section could just be a generic email link stating if you want to cancel please email the organizer of the event and have it as an email link.
Melissa Irwin-P
Active Contributor
I second this request!
SC2
Our company is in the same boat.  We have a cancellation policy in place, but the confirmation and reminder emails all have the same comment at the bottom of the email that any registered can cancel their training at any time, which completely contradicts what we are telling our clients that are being charged to take these sessions.  This needs to be able to be removed from both the confirmation and reminder emails that are sent out to registrants.
IS Manager
More clarification: Due to the flow using API and the hard coded cancel button we are in a catch22. This will cause us to call support to have them generate a "Simplified registration report through helpdesk." in order for us see cancellations. The cancellation data is not captured and fed back, emailed or accessible to me as admin or the organizer. We have had a few people now cancel (accidentally) and then could not enter the event. WE could not tell what was going on without calling support. It makes us look bad and in turn makes my uses want to look at other solutions.