End a webinar for attendees, but organizers and panelists remain logged in.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

we often have webinars with speakers in a remote location and it would be useful to be able to have a chat with them after the webinar has finished to discuss any issues and thank them for participating, but when we select "end webinar" it ends for everyone, so the presenter is cutoff too. Is there any way to end the webinar for the attendees but for the organisers and presenters to remain logged in?

32 Comments
Louise Guthro

After a webinar is finished would love a  way to allow the presenters and organizers to stay on to debrief after a webinar is complete.  I have presenters from across the country sometimes 3 different ones. Would love this to be a feature. 

klmonline
Contributor
I'll just stick a "ME TOO!" on this one.
Liana ADMIN
Active Contributor
This feature would be really useful.

It's already available before the webinar officially commences in "PRACTICE" mode, allowing all presenters/staff to interact without the attendees seeing or hearing anything until you click "START".

I'm wondering how easy or difficult it would be for Citrix to add the same option to go back to PRACTICE mode or an option like "END WEBINAR FOR ALL ATTENDEES" instead of just the current option of ending the webinar for everyone.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
With the Practice mode we are simply blocking the Attendee joins and conference call numbers, so that only Organizers and Panelists are able to join. Once the broadcast has been started it does become more complicated, we will need to ensure all Attendees are disconnected without terminating the conference call for the Organizer and Panelists.
Echo2
Does this mean such a feature is in the works? (Adding a "me, too" vote above.)
Ashley B

I often host webinars with external bodies as presenters. It would be great to be able to end the webinar (stop broadcasting) and be able to have the organisers still on to discuss the webinar with the presenters, instead of having to arrange some other way to communicate when we're all already on the line. This could also be useful for go-to-meeting, as many meetings in my workplace will continue with the senior staff once other attendees have left.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor
You can manually remove the other attendees from the meeting. Would that be rude?
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Ashley,

Currently it is not possible to end the webinar for everyone but the webinar staff. Once the broadcast is started attendees can dial in to the conference call and will continue to be able to dial in until the call is ended. You could attempt to manually dismiss each of the attendees as Chris suggests, but that would not prevent any attendees dialed in by telephone from remaining on the conference call and listening to what is said.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor
You can politely ask the attendees to leave, and if you have to, you can dismiss attendees from the webinar.

However, anyone who has connected by phone-only will not show up on the attendee list, so they might be lurking after the meeting.

The best way to do this is to create a separate webinar for the special invitees to join after the regular webinar.

I am hoping Glenn will step in and say that I am wrong, and there really is an easy way to do this.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Lisa,

Chris is correct, there is no way to end the webinar for only the attendees. You can dismiss people from the attendee list but one the audio broadcast has been started it's not possible to limit the conference call to webinar staff again. Since GoToWebinar includes a GoToMeeting license, you could launch a GoToMeeting for everyone to join after the webinar has ended.