Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Hosting a GoToWebinar from a Chromebook

0 Kudos

Hosting a GoToWebinar from a Chromebook

I need to do this. I can't do this. When will this be supported?

I noticed this question was asked back in 2016 as well. There were a few replies asking for updates that went unanswered. I thought, "Here we are in the middle of 2018, maybe it's just time to ask the question again." 🙂 I really like using my Chromebook. I really DON'T like blowing the dust off my MacBook. Please tell me how to run a GoToWebinar on a Chromebook. Even if it's something in beta...I'll be a beta tester.

7 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Sorry, John --  We don't currently have anything in testing to host GoTowebinars or GoTotrainings from Chromebooks yet.

We will certainly post a Community update if things change.

GBVMS

When will this be available......

krhinehart

Is there anything being discussed or worked on so that Chromebook users can host a Webinar?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@krhinehart  I'm sorry, we don't have any updates yet on Chrome OS or other mobile support to host webinars with.  Attendees are allowed to join, as well as Panelists currently.  When this ability is increased for Organizers we will certainly let the Community know.

EricCook

I'm also very interested in this capability. I have recently started using a Pixelbook as a primary commputer and have been able to use GoToMeeting without issue. But was surpirsed 15 minutes before a webinar today to find out that it's not possible to run a GoToWebinar this way. Fingers crossed it will be something that can get going soon! 

Thanks,

Eric

dmjackson25
Visitor

Back again.... October 2020.... apparently we STILL cannot host GoToWebinars from Chromebook. This is insane. I mean, this year is insane but I was hoping for at least SOME good news when I landed on this forum! 😞

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator