Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Increase picklist size on custom registration questions

Increase picklist size on custom registration questions

Hey GoTo.

Enterprise user here for the past 3 years.

We’ve been waiting for this update since we first came onboard with you guys and we’ve frequently been told that your tech team will apply this small change, and nothing seems to happen…. Please help!

It’s regarding the picklist length of custom registration questions, which is currently set to a maximum of 20 custom options.

As a prominent UK university, we run a lot of webinars for prospective students. As part of our data collection, a key thing for us is to know what a student’s primary subject area of interest is, so that we can tailor our messaging about courses to students as part of our communications plans in the future.

Crucially, we have over 50 subject areas that students can choose from, which are imminently due to increase.

With a limit of 20 custom options on your current custom fields… we’ve had to create silly workaround whereby we ask the same questions 3 times, with an alphabetised subject list. Here’s an example registration page for reference: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/242056814405010016

This means our forms are longer and more off-putting, which subsequently hurts our conversion rates.

Such a simple fix: increase the custom options for drop down picklists. Why is there even a limit?

I hope you agree that it’s a super quick win. Keen to know your thoughts.

Thanks
Adam

2 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: New

Hi @AdamMacPherson welcome to the Community. I moved your comment to our idea forum. Thanks for sharing your experience and need for more customization and more picklist options for GTW.  There are updates scheduled for later this year, we will be sure to update the Community once they are available. I will also share this post with the team. Thanks again for taking the time to share here. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator