Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Limit access to recordings of paid webinars

0 Kudos

Limit access to recordings of paid webinars

Hi Goto,

I am concerned, like many, about the shared links for paid webinars. I have noticed that some companies that also provide webinars (paid as well), one in particular seem to limit that altogether by having a person's email connected to their webinars (paid/free) under their dashboard.

Perhaps that's something GoToWebinar will consider to avoid link sharing. This particular platform does the following:

1. For webinars (free/paid) you sign in/up with your email to create an account
  2. Then once you attend, scheduled webinars are in the future, and past events you've attended are listed in the past

Any events you have signed up for through this particular platform are under your email account. I was able to sign into the account with my email at the same time under the same browser but with a private page. Not sure how this works with signing in through social media either.

So I can assume that access can be granted if someone shares their email account credentials for this platform for access.

At any rate, I think it's a start to look into alternative ways to protect user content/paid webinars on GoToWebinar other than sharing links.

Just a thought.

1 Comment
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Thanks for your idea and use case, this will be shared with the team.