cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Participants on the Phone need to hear the audio from a shared video

Participants on the Phone need to hear the audio from a shared video

We occassionally need to have simulated live or include pre-recorded webinars. However, as it currently stands anyone who just calls in cannot hear the audio. Some of our constiuents live in rural areas without reliable internet access or who don't have computers/smart phones.  They are being denied access to valuable information! Please do something to recify this! 

7 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TriageCancer I apologize for the frustrations.

We realize that certain GoToWebinar playback modes only send audio through VoIP (Mic/Speakers) currently, and may be expanding this functionality to include phone audio as well.  As this becomes available we will notify Community members of the enhancement rollout.

TriageCancer
Active Contributor

That would be great, especially since the automatic registration email that you send registrants always includes a phone number. If there was a way to edit this to make it clear to people that in order to participate fully they MUST be logged via a computer that would at least solve part of the problem. 

As it is, you give people the phone number to call in, but then they can't hear anything. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TriageCancer  Yes, you can disable the telephone dial in by editing your default audio, the scheduled webinar audio, and also by scheduling in Webcast mode.

CSchifano
Active Contributor

I see the last comment on this is from 2018. Is there any update to this so that attendees who dial in can hear the prerecorded video?

Thanks!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@CSchifano  I believe this development work is coming soon, but I don't have an ETA yet.  Hopefully in the next 9 months... 

CSchifano
Active Contributor

@AshC Thanks so much for sharing that this is in development! Fingers crossed it will be in the next 9 months or sooner 🙂

Thanks again!

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator