cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brusselsgirl
Active Contributor

We are running a two-day webinar.

We have a two day webinar planned with 48 speakers. 24 panelists on day 1, 24 new panelists on day two. If I set this up as a series, I guess I am still limited to having only 24 panelists. So I guess I am forced  to set up two difference webinars (which means two different registrations, two different links (one per day) if I need to accommodate 48 speakers over two days? Or is there another way?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: We are running a two-day webinar.

I have always set up my two-day events as two separate webinars. 

Brusselsgirl
Active Contributor

Just an update on how I did this.

I kept it as a series and solved my limit by pre-recoding some sessions. Also, you can register speakers as an attendee then upgrade them to panelist once the webinar has started. They would not be able to join a practice session before the event on the same link though if they are registered as an attendee. Just set up a new webinar to practice those speakers.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I have my first multi-day webinar this week for a virtual conference.

Like you, I have hosted several separate practice sessions over the past two weeks where all of the presenters, session moderators, and the question monitors can join and test their microphones and webcams. I also teach the questions monitors how the Question Panel works.

I have everyone sign up for the conference as a regular attendee. I invite everyone who is a presenter, session moderator, or question monitors to join the real conference webinar a half hour early, so I can promote them to be a Panelist or Organizer, and test their microphones.

I have found that too many people ignore the tiny gray text that says "Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you."  I wish this text was large and bold. When Panelists and Organizers share this email, then I get too many false Panelists and Organizers with the same name as the real ones joining the webinar.

Brusselsgirl
Active Contributor

I see. That is a good idea. I thought that if you are registered as an attendee then there is no way you could join the webinar before the actual start time and would be stuck in the waiting room until then. So I guess you can admit attendees (and then promote them to organiser or panelist) earlier if they are online. I will try it.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

See my lengthy explanation about this in the last entry in the following discussion:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Why-does-video-and-screen-share-show-to-att... 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I'd like to help everyone to do great work.