cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoTo_FAQs
New Contributor

How can I prevent my Grasshopper calls being flagged as SPAM or Robo calls?

There are a lot of Apps and services out there designed to block SPAM calls, how can I prevent my calls made with Grasshopper from being flagged as SPAM by mistake?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How can I prevent my Grasshopper calls being flagged as SPAM or Robo calls?

To safeguard end users from unwanted calls, phone companies, and apps are working harder to stop or flag suspicious calls that might be spam or fraud. They look for signs like lots of calls in a short time or calls nobody answers. When their internal analytics detect potential unwanted activity, carriers may opt to block calls or apply labels like "Spam Likely," "Telemarketer," "Fraud Likely," or other similar labels to appear on recipients' devices.

To prevent your outbound calls from being mistakenly labeled as unwanted by downstream carriers or applications, we strongly recommend that you proactively register your legitimate outbound calling scenarios through the Free Caller Registry portal. This portal, established by mobile carriers T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon, in collaboration with their partnered Analytics Engines—First Orion, Hiya, and Transaction Network Services (TNS)—simplifies the registration process by allowing callers to register their traffic across all systems simultaneously. However, this registration portal may not cover other consumer applications responsible for call labeling or blocking. For further guidance, refer to the Tips to Avoid Having Legitimate Calls Blocked.

After registering and providing the necessary details through the portal, the Analytics Engines will review your submission and contact you directly. If your request is accepted, it might take a few days for the changes to your phone number(s) to be implemented. It's important to note that although the registration process doesn't guarantee immunity from future call blocking or labeling, it is designed to minimize the risk of such occurrences significantly. If you have questions for any of the Analytics Engines, please contact them directly.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How can I prevent my Grasshopper calls being flagged as SPAM or Robo calls?

To safeguard end users from unwanted calls, phone companies, and apps are working harder to stop or flag suspicious calls that might be spam or fraud. They look for signs like lots of calls in a short time or calls nobody answers. When their internal analytics detect potential unwanted activity, carriers may opt to block calls or apply labels like "Spam Likely," "Telemarketer," "Fraud Likely," or other similar labels to appear on recipients' devices.

To prevent your outbound calls from being mistakenly labeled as unwanted by downstream carriers or applications, we strongly recommend that you proactively register your legitimate outbound calling scenarios through the Free Caller Registry portal. This portal, established by mobile carriers T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon, in collaboration with their partnered Analytics Engines—First Orion, Hiya, and Transaction Network Services (TNS)—simplifies the registration process by allowing callers to register their traffic across all systems simultaneously. However, this registration portal may not cover other consumer applications responsible for call labeling or blocking. For further guidance, refer to the Tips to Avoid Having Legitimate Calls Blocked.

After registering and providing the necessary details through the portal, the Analytics Engines will review your submission and contact you directly. If your request is accepted, it might take a few days for the changes to your phone number(s) to be implemented. It's important to note that although the registration process doesn't guarantee immunity from future call blocking or labeling, it is designed to minimize the risk of such occurrences significantly. If you have questions for any of the Analytics Engines, please contact them directly.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training