Ability to start a new line in notes section

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think it would be a good idea for LastPass to re-enable people, when they are editing a password, when they are in the "Notes" section of the password, to be able to press enter and start a new line. I used to be able to do this, for example, if I was listing security questions, and their answers, for a site, in that site account information I created a password listing for, within LastPass, I would go to the "Notes" section and list the first security question, then press enter, and on the next line I would write the answer, and then continue to start a new line for each question and answer after that.

Now, just as of today, I went to create a new password on my computer using LastPass, and clearly changes were made because now when I press enter on my computer when I'm in the "Notes" section of the password info, it doesn't let me start a new line within the Notes part, it just saves the information and closes out of the edit information window. I really liked being able to do this, and am sure that I am not the only person who used and benefited from being able to press enter and start a new line within the notes part. LastPass please add this feature back so users can utilize it again.

30 Comments
BernardUK
New Contributor

Indeed. Why the change?

What is the purpose of Notes, if one cannot edit them in situ?

Now we are having to edit them in a text editor and paste them back in again.

Not very ergonomic.

frankgf702
Active Contributor

Please restore how the Notes field allowed the Enter key to perform a carriage return and line feed, rather than a save

MarcH471
Visitor

Yes, I agree 100% with everone here in the post.

It was a fantastic feature, please re-introduce carriage return behavior in notes!
As of now, it it even risky as it saves instantly as we press carriage return.
Marc

HamCoKP
New Contributor

100000% agree. This update that the enter button now equals save & close is the WORST feature update they have ever had. 

This can possibly cause serious issues if another user (User2) is viewing a shared folder and the Notes section has been updated by someone else (User1) but is not displaying in User2's screen because of refresh delay, then when User2 hits enter, it will save the updated note section and it disappears. 

Ironically, we CAN use enter for hard return/line break in the comment section of their community posts! HAHA!

tapiocas
Visitor

I agree!

I too, can no longer add a carriage return/line feed in this password notes area.  Hitting the return key just closes the edit window.  This is VERY ANNOYING AND A STEP BACKWARDS in functionality.   Can we at least revert back to the previous version of Lastpass?!

tapiocas
Visitor

Along with fixing the carriage return issue, please consider bringing back the Maximize/Minimize function of the Edit Password window instead of the new notes expand tool that hides the Save button when expanded too far.  And if you expand it to far down, you loose access to the expand tool and can not shrink it to access the Save button.  Did this get missed in the QA tests?

bigbarkman

I totally agree.  Why have a Notes area when someone can't use it to put notes in it??

MrSlawek
New Contributor

Same.. It gets me frustrated every time I try to edit „note” field in password file. One mistake of hiting ENTER button destroys all your data in that field. I have an impresion that LastPass try to forse free users to buy paid version. Very unprofessional. 

MarcH471
Visitor

MrSlawek  I have a PRO license and I have the same problem. 

Hey LASTPASS, please FIX this ! It is a PAIN.

buddhafool

Please restore the old behavior or allow ALT-ENTER, SHIFT-ENTER, or CTRL-ENTER to go to a new line.  I have resorted to cutting-and-pasting line breaks to insert them into the notes field.