Accessibility when displaying password (app)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

When viewing an existing password in the app on IOS it displays in a variety of colours which indicate whether the character is text (white), numeric (red) or a symbol (blue).

Whilst I don't class myself as having any accessibility needs, I find it difficult to read the non-white characters. I imagine this is more difficult for other users, and I'd welcome the option to disable the colouring. This is not in the desktop app, which is a much cleaner interface.

I know I can copy the password to another location to view it, but for me that's an extra step that shouldn't be needed.

I'd welcome a comment from a GoTo employee if possible. Thanks.

8 Comments
inkymortar
Active Contributor

Wondered if anyone is able to help with this question?

Not sure whether specific user tagging is available or appropriate on here for highlighting questions so I've tagged the two employee profiles I'm aware of.

GlennD

@CS_HelpDesk 

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Looking for a GoTo employee reply on this. Thanks

GlennD

@CS_HelpDesk 

inkymortar
Active Contributor
Spoiler

Can someone respond to this please? It's been outstanding for some time 

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi @inkymortar 

This feature request will be discussed for potential development in the future.  If this was on an iPhone, have you already tried dark mode?  

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Not wishing to be blunt, but I've already said this was on IOS so it could only be on an iPhone or iPad, both of which have exactly the same issue. Have you looked at dark mode on IOS?

IMG_5114.PNG

(example from a now defunct password)

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Thank you for the visual addition. 

JayMeIn
Active Contributor

I want to add that as an over 50 person…but not 60, MAKE THE PASSWORD LARGER as well as fixing the colors.

I have my iOS system size set to a larger size and you still show password in tiny text. Not to mention blue text on a black background is practically unreadable at any size.

Follow the user’s selected font size (so allow BIG text), add an option to make the text all white/black, and use a super clear foot like one designed for OCR.

Make it EASY to read my own passwords. I use 20 character random passwords and your current implementation makes it really hard to use.

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Definitely. It's ridiculous that the app  doesn't at least have an option to follow system wide settings for font size.

Having to copy a password and paste it temporarily elsewhere (like into notepad) is frustrating and shouldn't be necessary.

What I think would be helpful is to space the characters out more. Increasingly I'm being prompted on websites to manually enter e.g. "Character 1, 5 and 9", which LP doesn't support for fill-in, so I have to count along through the password...which is nigh on impossible with the small characters and terrible colour scheme