cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drashika
New Contributor

Can't log in after changing master password

I had a post on here not too long ago but I cannot find it for the life of me. The link I have in the email I got takes me to an error page, and I have not been able to find it on this site.

A long story short is I was told through email to update my password and when I did it didn't work. The password changed correctly, and even though I copy and pasted the password onto a notepad and change that using that same method, everytime I try to login again it tells me it's wrong. I can't remember my last password either so I can't revert it.

Whenever I try the account recovery option through the website or the Chrome add-on it tells me that the one-time password is not available for me or something like that.

When I try to do it through the app, which I have done before, it says account recovery is not available for my email address. I have been able to use my fingerprint to change my password in the past, so if someone could look into this issue for me I should be able to change things on my own just using my fingerprint.

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Still can't log in

Hi @Drashika,

I have reviewed your account and see that you changed your Master Password on September 23 and have not been able to sign in successfully since then. You will need to double check how you are entering the new Master Password you created, remember it is case sensitive, must include at least one upper and one lower case letter, number and symbol. If you cannot get the new Master Password to work you can try reverting your account to the previous Master Password: https://lastpass.com/revert.php then logging in with that previous master password.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Drashika
New Contributor

I don't remember my previous password and as I stated above, I copy and pasted the new password onto a note pad before changing it and for some reason it's still not working. If you can set something so I can change it using my fingerprint, that works normally, but for some reason it says my account will not let me do that now.
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Drashika,

Please be aware that LastPass Customer Care has no knowledge of a user's Master Password and it is not possible for LastPass Customer Care to reset or change a user's Master Password or assist a user with changing/resetting their master password.

If you don't remember the previous master password the Revert option will not work, you will need to try all other possible recovery options: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!