cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReviveQuality
Contributor

Don't like the phone call only support option

I am furious now.

I need to go to bed, but once AGAIN, LP is forcing me to stay awake because they are more important then I am (or so they think.)

For months now I have been complaining about the fact that I can NOT write a ticket to just tell you that there are bugs. NOOOOOO,  you force me to waste my time by taking a call.

And whenever you say you are going to call me you don't call at the times I say I'm available, you call at the times I'm not available.

Or maybe I'm busy when you get around to calling me, so what, then I have to fill out the form all over again???????????? That's what you site just said. WOW!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

You are the only company on the entire internet that forces us to discuss bugs through a phone call instead of a ticket.

If it was a very complicated issue, sure, I want that phone call, but when I just want to tell you about a new bug, NO, I do NOT need to be on the phone with you to report it.

If you can't understand me when I write English, then hire people who understand English.

If that's not the issue, then WHY are you forcing us to take calls & jump through hoops to accept your call when you call us? I should have the choice of how I want my support. Call, live chat or ticket. THAT'S NORMAL ONLINE!

And not only that, I've lost time trying to find your tickets b/c you do NOT write from lastpass.com, you wrote from some obscure domain. First it was logmein, now it's goto, next it will be who knows what.

I even responded back to a ticket you created after the last time I was forced to speak to you guys on the phone & instead of the ticket just re-opening, it told me that once AGAIN, I have to go to the area where the articles are, search from there, then contact you AGAIN for another call.

FURIOUS, JUST FURIOUS. MY SLEEP IS MORE IMPORTANT THEIR HOW YOU RUN YOUR SUPPORT!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RedJ
Active Contributor

Re: I'm sick of being forced to take calls

This is a very odd choice for a company taking a large number of support interactions. It's pretty hard to understand why a traditional ticket system would not only be better for communication at the best time for the customer, but also take some of the burden off of their support since much of that content is repetitive.

In any case, I actually did receive a call withing a reasonable timeframe that at least was of good quality support (my bug reports were for a known issue and there is a temporary workaround, so at least I got the bonus of having the problems caused by the bugs resolved for now).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RedJ
Active Contributor

This is a very odd choice for a company taking a large number of support interactions. It's pretty hard to understand why a traditional ticket system would not only be better for communication at the best time for the customer, but also take some of the burden off of their support since much of that content is repetitive.

In any case, I actually did receive a call withing a reasonable timeframe that at least was of good quality support (my bug reports were for a known issue and there is a temporary workaround, so at least I got the bonus of having the problems caused by the bugs resolved for now).

ReviveQuality
Contributor

I see you edited your response.

I was thinking the same thing that it's to deter us.

How did you give them a huge report? In that small window when they want to know why you want a call back?

I'm having issues with their mobile app too.

Glad you got things sorted out. I haven't hear back from anyone since I emailed them the issues twice.
RedJ
Active Contributor

I changed my post because, after my support interaction, I revised my assumptions. I now am not sure what the point of call-only support is but, given the quality of the support call I received, I suspect there are other factors involved in the decision. For the record, I still prefer a choice whether to receive phone support or not.

I didn't run into any limitations for submitting my issue, although my version of comprehensive may not match your impression that it was "huge".

I received a callback within 20 minutes, so I'm not sure why you haven't heard back yet.
ReviveQuality
Contributor

Red - They have gotten back to me, but at the time that I wanted to contact them, the site said they were busy.

I don't have time to wait. I'm busy. I could get a call at any time & then I wouldn't be able to talk to them.

My complaints have screenshots. It's a waste of time to wait for them to send me an email, then me have to get the SSs & send them.

None of what I gave them could have been resolved on the phone.

I was telling them about bugs. They still haven't acknowledged they even got them. Then I sent them another email re: bugs on the mobile. That they responded to.

You may like dealing with the phone all the time & I like I said, I do too in certain circumstances, but not with the issues I'm  having & not all the time. My issue is that we are NOT given a choice.

Take care

CarbonPepper
New Contributor

Interesting.  I didn't get that far.

Went to report a bug today at this page:

https://support.lastpass.com/contact?articleTitle=How%20do%20I%20report%20a%20bug%20to%20LastPass%3F

And was really surprised that for a security company,  the page requires personal data to be shared without data protection laws being followed about informed consent.  

It seems a bit odd that you need to share your full name to help LP improve its quality, but to break GDPR in doing so seems particularly weak.

RedJ
Active Contributor

BTW- I found out during the call that there is a way to report bugs baked directly into the new LastPass interface. However, since my bugs were all related to the new interface which I have now disabled, I won't have access to that mechanism to report bugs until they roll out fixes for the major change version.  

ReviveQuality
Contributor

Carbon Pepper - I don't know, it's SSLed for me.

And here it says call me, nothing about tickets or emailing. https://nimb.ws/f2hypd

I clicked on the link you provided.

As for the last name, that's just a generic form. I always put my last initial or NA b/c no company needs my last name just to talk to me unless it's a toxic bank or some mafia government or something.

ReviveQuality
Contributor

RedJ - the guy in the ticket told me to remove the new interface which I had already turned off BEFORE. SMH

I said why don't you just fix it instead of telling me to remove it. He never responded.

That's their answer to everything. Don't fix it, just put a bandaid on it. SMH

It's overlapping things both on desktop & even mobile.

Where's the place to report bugs without having to call them?