cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LastPassUser289
New Contributor

Password is reported as Weak although it was generated using the LastPass Password Generator?

So, I'm going through the "security" dashboard and it is telling me that I have weak passwords. Some of them were weak, so I went ahead and changed them, using the following settings to generate new passwords.

Can anyone help me to understand why passwords that are 25 characters long, random, using all characters are being considered "weak" by lastpass?

(Note this isn't one of my actual passwords, but some of my passwords were generated using these settings)

Change_your_password.png

5 REPLIES 5
jon179
New Contributor

Re: why does this count as a "weak" password?

I too am experiencing this problem with the Security Dashboard.
Randvader
New Contributor

Adding my voice to this issue. Lastpass is reporting passwords it has created in the password generator as weak.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

If your password was generated using the LastPass Password Generator you shouldn't see that password being reported as weak. Could you try these steps to see if this fixes this issue and causes the generated password to no longer be reported as Weak?

• Click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
  • Go to Account Options or click your email at the bottom of this menu > Advanced > Refresh Sites then Clear Local Cache.
  • Log out and log back in to your LastPass account.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
jon179
New Contributor

No effect for me I'm afraid. Still shows a generated password of 16 uppercase, lowercase and number characters as 0% Weak.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @jon179,

If those steps didn't resolve this issue, please contact the support team so that they can investigate further and hopefully resolve this issue by scrolling down and clicking Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-change-at-risk-passwords-in-my-lastpass-vault

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!