cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbar
Active Contributor

Blank screen when controlling a Mac system

When I use LogmeIn central to remote into a Mac running OS Version 12.0.1 from a PC I'm getting either a blank (black) screen or just the menu bar and the desktop background. This happens on the second time I remote in -- rebooting the system will fix it. The first time I use logmein against this machine, it works fine. Subsequent session yield either the black screen or just the menu bar.

I've given LogMeIn the correct privacy rights in the mac control panel as LogMeIn control works correctly after a reboot.

The LogMeIn products on both PC (controlling system) and Mac (controlled systems) are upto date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

Re: Blank screen when controlling a Mac system

A new version (4.1.0.12203) has been released, which should fix the problem.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kbar  Thanks for reporting this.  We have an update coming shortly that may help with this Mac behavior. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lesyk009
Active Contributor

Idk about you but I've always had trouble with logmein on macs, routinely hang or cant access them for some reason. Also just generally always slower and lag more than PCs. What you might wanna try in the mean time is to restart the logmein in service (if you can ssh into the device). 

First command below requires admin privilege's to run, and it shuts off the logmein mac equivalent of a PC service. 

sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.logmein.logmeinserver.plist

Next one turns it back on, doesn't require a password to run. 

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.logmein.logmeinserver.plist

Tech_JMG
Active Contributor

I'm controlling a medium size pool of PC/Mac laptop and desktops, and this is definitely an issue that has me thinking of leaving LogMeIn after a long time of enjoying it.  Please update us on this critical function.
lesyk009
Active Contributor

Agree, I have remote users that when this happens I have to jump through several hoops before I can get into their computers. This used to be a once and awhile thing, which though wasn't good I could live with it, now it's every time I try and remote in. 

pguimbellot
Active Contributor

When is this issue going to be fixed. We have 22 plus Macs in AZ and we are having this issue. Please get it fixed
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

@lesyk009 When you encounter this issue try the following as a workaround: open a Command Prompt to the remote Mac system in the LogMeIn Client application and execute this command:

caffeinate -u -t 2

lesyk009
Active Contributor

Nope no dice, doesn't do a thing. 

GaborO
GoTo Contributor

A new version (4.1.0.12203) has been released, which should fix the problem.

barceneaux
Active Contributor

Yeah, this did NOT fix the issue.

Fast User Switching causes this to happen, even after applying a "fix" (un-check, re-check LMIGUIAgent in Screen Recording, "caffeinate -u -t 2").

MacOS Monterey 12.6

LMI Version 4.1.0.12203

Broken.jpgVersion.jpg

This is honestly a bit ridiculous at this point. This has been an ongoing issue for months with no solution.

What's the deal? Why can't this be resolved?

I have posted about this issue on: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Central-Discussions/LogMeIn-Display-Issues-Mac-OS-11-6-Big-Sur-amp-...