cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwil
New Contributor

Kaspersy Updater filling up hard drive

Hello,
We've have had four computers now over the past two weeks where the Kaspersky updater cache folder fills up (\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\UCPStorage) all available free disk space.
The first time we noticed this I called LogMeIn support, the person we spoke to wasn't aware of the issue but said to just delete all the files in the folder. This does seem to alleviate the issue but doesn’t solve it. LogMeIn support didn’t seem interested in investing this any further when I spoke to them, I was hoping for some confirmation that it was noted, at least written on a sticky note and stuck on a wall somewhere.
Anyone else experience this?

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Kaspersy Updater filling up hard drive

@mwil As far as I know, we are transitioning very quickly away from Kaspersky with LogMeIn security instead.  Are you interested in swapping these security solutions moving forward, as I don't believe we'll be supporting Kaspersky users for very long?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mwil
New Contributor

Hello @AshC , 

The Kaspersky tool I am refering to is Applicaiton updater (On my LogMeIn Central page this is found under Updates\Applications).  I believe what you are refering to is the Anti-virus tool that is under Antivirus\Manage.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mwil I've received confirmation that LogMeIn is moving away from the Kaspersky updater tool soon. Although I don't have an exact time yet, it is on the roadmap for H1.

klm10000
Active Contributor

Any update on when this might happen? The Kaspersky update tool is still filling up the hard drives of random computers. I manage 1200 or so and it seems to happen once a week somewhere.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry I haven't heard when this prior function will be updated yet...

Klouie
Active Contributor

I too would like know when in the roadmap are we to expect a move away from the Kaspersky software updater. I get random computers out of disk space because of the updater
Login_Local
New Contributor

Would love to get an update on this as I too am having issues with local drives filling up sometimes with the Kap updates.

matwi

i have this problem almost every week. users can't download or create any file on there desktop on a terabyte Harddrive because kaspersky using all the disk space.  contacted logmein support but they are not doing anything about it and it's been 2 years!!! will not be renewing my contract this year for sure

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Login_Local  @matwi  

If you are able to collect the following logs it may help us work with Kaspersky to determine the cause: 

1.  Enable the product traces:
    1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\KSU\Trace\Default]
    2. "TraceFileMaxLevel"=dword:00000320
    3. "TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000001
  2.  Start/restart the product
  3. Wait till the file increases significantly (500K+ if we’re talking about active growth)
  4. Collect the following files and the registry export:
    1. C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\UCPStorage
    2. C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\ksu
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\KSU