cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kplu

Can't match resolution

LogMeIn had me download an update before using the login client recently and since then I have been unable to use the match screen resolution feature. Work monitor is 1920x1080, home monitor is 1680x1050 (it was an old spare that was laying around because my 1920x1080 died, have been using it this way for 3 months now)... It worked fine up until the update the other day, now when I click match resolution it bounces between the 2 resolutions and then returns to 1920x1080 which is squished and very small of a view on the 1680x1050. It won't allow me to select it manually, it just bounces again as if I click "Match resolution".

There is also a lag trail of the mouse pointer now too that didn't exist previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xtrader99
New Contributor

Re: Can't match resolution

Problem solved by logmein support. 

from client , log into host, then on host computer,  go to windows settings, display, scroll down to multiple display, select 'Duplicate these display'.  After that goto logmein toolbar , options, resolution settings and, now it would allow to choose the appropriate resolution setting.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kplu  Are you able to confirm the LogMeIn Host software version?  

Also, can you say what PC model you're using, with what Windows version specifically? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
xtrader99
New Contributor

I am having the same problem as well .  Please help

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@xtrader99  I have the same questions for you, if you can tell us the details of your Host PC? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
xtrader99
New Contributor

Problem solved by logmein support. 

from client , log into host, then on host computer,  go to windows settings, display, scroll down to multiple display, select 'Duplicate these display'.  After that goto logmein toolbar , options, resolution settings and, now it would allow to choose the appropriate resolution setting.

remoterefuge
New Contributor

Hi I'm having the same issue and I tried the solved answer but that didn't work.

I have a user who can't change the resolution. The only one available is 1024x768. She is on a MAC and a screen width of 2560x1600. Could you please help?

osweetman
New Contributor

A much simpler solution is to go to the LogMeIn toolbar at the top of the screen, click on the Options menu and un-check the box on the top left that says “Blank Screen”.  Now the user has many options to change the resolution.  After changing it, they can re-check the “Blank Screen” box and the resolution will stay at the new setting.

KN2

That Blank Screen worked perfectly, thanks so much

agfedIT

Thank you osweetman... Saved a lot of troubleshooting time 🙂 after ever driver was updated with no such luck.
Anon32883

Worked perfectly, thanks for your help.