cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel22

how to see the pop up message of user account control controlling a session

Greetings. when I connect to a user's machine and the user account control pop up appears, I cannot see it and it is vital for me since that is where I must place my administrator credentials to be able to carry out most of the support functions. What type of session or option should I activate to be able to see this during a connection with the user?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: how to see the pop up message of user account control controlling a session

Hi @Angel22,

When you access a customer's computer, you inherit the customer's user rights. As a result, you may encounter support scenarios where the user of the remote device does not have the rights you need to fully support the machine. This support article explains how to restart the Rescue applet as a Windows System Service or Mac Daemon to get around this issue. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: how to see the pop up message of user account control controlling a session

Hi @Angel22,

When you access a customer's computer, you inherit the customer's user rights. As a result, you may encounter support scenarios where the user of the remote device does not have the rights you need to fully support the machine. This support article explains how to restart the Rescue applet as a Windows System Service or Mac Daemon to get around this issue. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training