cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdwhit2
New Contributor

Black screen from Mac host

This has been a common topic over the years.  I am running Windows 10 Enterprise at work.  I have a Mac desktop at home running Big Sur.  Over the past several months, whenever I try to access my home computer (the Mac) from my office computer, it's 50/50 on whether I can see and use the Mac or simply get a black screen.  About 2-3 weeks ago, I was able to access my Mac.  This week, it's just the blank screen.  Actually, a couple of days ago, I could see the menu bar and the wallpaper on my Mac but couldn't see or use any apps.  I attempted to fix that and now I only see a black screen.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Black screen

@bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

bdwhit2
New Contributor

Thank you!  That seems to have solved the problem.

Macsterguy
Active Contributor

This solution simply does not work for the M1 Mac. If the host screen / display is set to turn off (go black) in system preferences than LogMeIn (Central) does not take the Host Mac display out of this dark mode. Even though you are connected, all you see is a black screen. The Mac responds to the login BUT the Display does not...

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Macsterguy  Have you tried disabling the screen blanking mode? 

TeleTechie
Visitor

Disabling screen blanking is energy inefficient and causes excess wear and tear on the monitor.  I would prefer a solution.

Macsterguy
Active Contributor

Yep, don’t need work arounds…
1ConcernedUser
Active Contributor

I called customer service 3 times. None of them had a good answer. Only work around is to go to energy saver and tell your display to never go to sleep. The other work around was to force your system to reboot from logmein preferences. Then you may have a time slot where your display auto turns on during startup. Terrible that logmein doesnt have a proper fix. BTW Team Viewer does not have this issue!
IJ
Visitor

Same issue here - spent over two hours on the phone today and no solution. Changed settings, deleted, reloaded and still the same issue. Thanks for the suggestion on TeamViewer.

topologytestacc
Regular Visitor

Any solution on this? I am using LogMeIn on a remote M1 and have tried disabling the screen turning off (there is not display hooked up to the machine so it's fine) and still get inconsistent results. Sometimes I get a blank screen, sometimes I get the screensaver, even though the screensaver is never supposed to come on.