cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyTomkins
Active Contributor

Imac Home Screen

Hi everyone.

When I login to my host all I can see is the home screen with out the desktop. The mouse moves and acks on the host but cannot see what it is doing on the controller??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyTomkins
Active Contributor

Re: Imac Home Screen

Still no joy

Uninstalled Logmein client and host both ends, re installed software and still the same issue.

We I am trying to remote use clients computer, the moue moves and selects at client end but all I see is the "Screen saver" NOT the desktop

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @TonyTomkins 

If this just started happening, can you please confirm the affected operating system, LogMeIn software version, and last reboot time? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TonyTomkins
Active Contributor

OS Big Sur 11.5.1

Logmein Version 4.1.7664 (PlugIn: 1.0.2725)

Re booted many times today both ends ....

Not used logmein for some time so not sure how long this has not be working correctly for  ...

Basically all I can see when I log in is the home screen but without desktop apps etc but the mouse moves on the Host and can select items but cannot see from client end ... or the other way around ,, controller end can move mouse around and select but cannot see what you are selecting

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TonyTomkins  There may be some updated permissions required on that Mac host.  If you can re-install the endpoint software there you may be able to re-acknowledge the screen sharing ability. 

TonyTomkins
Active Contributor

Hi
I did uninstall and then re install the software but made no difference so will try again .. anything to do with firewall?
TonyTomkins
Active Contributor

Still no joy

Uninstalled Logmein client and host both ends, re installed software and still the same issue.

We I am trying to remote use clients computer, the moue moves and selects at client end but all I see is the "Screen saver" NOT the desktop

the_admin
New Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue with recent additions to my iMac family.

Installed LMI, set permissions in security preferences. Local users and AD users can no longer sign-in, and when a remote user attempts to login, we get the desktop and cursor but no icons or finder. Only booting into safe mode and uninstalling LMI restores the ability to log in normally. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@the_admin @TonyTomkins  Do you have the M1 processing chip installed on the problem Mac? 

the_admin
New Contributor

Fortunately, I do not have the M1 (Apple Silicon) on the problem Macs. They're iMac Pro's, running 8, 10 and 18-core Intel CPUs. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@the_admin @TonyTomkins   We will need the debug logs from an affected Mac OS in order to see what is failing there.  If the proper permissions were granted to LMI upon re-install, and the problem persists, please click the 'Contact Support' link  at the bottom of this article:  https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-to-view-logmein-event-log-files-logmein-t-host-preferenc...