cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PABKSK

Logmein Pro Client compatibility with Apple Silicon M1 Macs and/or Rosetta

Does Logmein Pro Client work with the new Apple Silicon M1 Macs ? Either natively or through Rosetta emulation? Any plan to support the new Macs ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tzadkiel7
New Contributor

Re: Mac M1 Processor - Black Screen when remoting in

I had this same problem as well with an M1 Mac mini.  LogMeIn support said they are working on M1 compatibility.  I was able to figure out a workaround that does not require physical access to the machine and it works great for me.

From the LogMeIn Client, try to login to the machine and you will see that black screen.  Then go back to the client and launch the terminal - you should get a terminal prompt if the machine is up.  In the terminal, type "caffeinate -u -t 2" and press enter.  You should now have video.

Apparently this works because caffeinate with these arguments tells the M1 Mac that there is a user present at the computer, so it turns on the video.

Jason

(post edited to correct typo)

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
cipesquera

Logmein Client does not work with Mac mini m1 with SUR OS

When I connect to control my Macmini using the client I get a black screen with no response.

wmcapella

Re: Logmein Pro Client compatibility with Apple Silicon M1 Macs and/or Rosetta

I have the client running on my macbook air with M1 without any issue. It currently runs under Rosetta 2. 

Would also like to know if there are plans to have an M1 native app. 

chrispfeffer
Visitor

I am having issues where when I connect to a Windows PC from my M1 the M1 keyboard will not work on the Windows PC so I am unable to type.  I have tested this on 6 different Windows 10 PCs.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry I haven't heard of plans to develop fully compatible M1 native apps yet. 

@chrispfeffer  Did you have any luck using an emulator as others on this thread have mentioned?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
audiovisual
Active Contributor

I am having an compatibility issue with the M1, it does not wake up whenever I remote into the machine. 

audiovisual
Active Contributor

Mac M1 Processor - Black Screen when remoting in

Having an issue when logging into a remote M1 Mac Mini.  If the Mac mini has gone to sleep/has the display off, the remote keyboard and mouse will not wake it up. When I connect to this machine, all that I see on the remote side is a black screen, even tho it is actually connected to the computer.

It takes someone physically moving the local keyboard/mouse in order to make the screen come on and then it can be operated remotely. 

I have tried updating software, and also checked all of the security and accessibility options on the Mac side and all seems to be the same as other intel based machines.  I have another Intel based Mac Mini on the same network/Mac software version and it works perfectly. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@audiovisual   I'm afraid we do not yet have support for M1 processors, though this may change in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
audiovisual
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein Client does not work with Mac mini m1 with SUR OS

I am getting the same thing as well.

Tzadkiel7
New Contributor

I had this same problem as well with an M1 Mac mini.  LogMeIn support said they are working on M1 compatibility.  I was able to figure out a workaround that does not require physical access to the machine and it works great for me.

From the LogMeIn Client, try to login to the machine and you will see that black screen.  Then go back to the client and launch the terminal - you should get a terminal prompt if the machine is up.  In the terminal, type "caffeinate -u -t 2" and press enter.  You should now have video.

Apparently this works because caffeinate with these arguments tells the M1 Mac that there is a user present at the computer, so it turns on the video.

Jason

(post edited to correct typo)