cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Re: Security Vulnerability within LMInfo.sys

We did that last week when we found out about the release-it did not help. Please see all of my previous posts in htis thread. So far the only thing working is to uninstall and reinstall LogMein.

2 out 140 PCs done 😞  Please help.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@SOSCOMP After updating the computers did you reboot them? Can you update one and then reboot it and see if ESET still reports an issue? If the driver is in use at the time the update will not be able to replace it fully until the system is rebooted.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

We updated LMI manaully and rebooted. Problem still exists. It can be triggered by looking at properties>details of the lmiinfo.sys file (which are blank) or by opening LMI control Panel and going to About>Check for updates, among other triggers. But that is easiest way to see if update worked. When LMI is uninstalled and reinstalled, the properties>Details of the lmiinfo.sys file are not blank -shows version info etc and cannot trigger ESET.

SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Did you find resolution to this issue?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

@SOSCOMP I've looked through the last 2 weeks of support tickets for any other customers reporting the same ESET issue and the couple that I have found all reported the issue was resolved after installing the update. AT this stage I think the best thing is for you to call support from one of your computers and go though the update process with a representative so they can observe, capture what happens and any other relevant details.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
SOSCOMP
New Contributor

Ok thanks for the help and suggestion! It appears it is fixing some but not others at this point.