cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonfusco
New Contributor

will remotely logging on kick other users on the computer off?

will remotely logging on kick other users on the computer off? i use this to keep an eye on little sisters and i just want to know when i connect to computer remotely and they are still on it...will it kick them off or just allow them access to all my stuff? we have separate logins on the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshN
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: will remotely logging on kick other users on the computer off?

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your question!

Only one user can connect to a host computer using LogMeIn at a time.  Allowing more Remote Control connections would degrade the quality of the sessions to the point where they would be unusable. If someone is connected remotely at the time of your connection you will disconnect the original remote connection of the other person.

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JoshN
Retired GoTo Contributor

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your question!

Only one user can connect to a host computer using LogMeIn at a time.  Allowing more Remote Control connections would degrade the quality of the sessions to the point where they would be unusable. If someone is connected remotely at the time of your connection you will disconnect the original remote connection of the other person.

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

mrdande
New Contributor

Question/Answer Doesn't logmein tell the person logging on to the remote computer the status of the computer they are logging on to? Letting them know if the computer is in use or not?

thepair
New Contributor

I found I was connected three times from the same computer.

Is this possible?

there were three listed in the Connection and Event Manager and the timers were still moving.

are the remote and dasshboard considered two connections and therefor need to be disconnected

I searched help for instructions on how to disconnect without success.

plainlandd
New Contributor

We have log me in for 6 practices. Most of them when log in, I kick the current user off.  But for one of our practices, whenever I try to log in and someone is already logged in, I cant kick them off.  Is there a setting to change for this?

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@plainlandd  Do you know what LogMeIn version is installed on the problem host PC, and when the last full reboot was completed? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
plainlandd
New Contributor

Version is 4.1.0.14512 - Updated on Nov 11 2021.  No current updates available.  The host gets restarted every month. 

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@plainlandd  If you've already doublechecked the host's account settings as the administrator, and tried a full re-install of the endpoint there, then we may need to recreate the connection override failure to see what's really going on. Fell free to call us after these options have been checked. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
plainlandd
New Contributor

What account settings should I check?

plainlandd
New Contributor

What account settings are you suggesting I check?