cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freelancenoob
New Contributor

Prevent incoming connection

Is there a way to stop a technician from logging in to another technicians pc without preventing the tech to remote out. 

Example. Tech 1 can remote out and help the end users. Tech 2 can remote out and help end users. However Tech 2 can't remote into tech 1's pc.

Is there a port i can block to do what im asking?

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Prevent incoming connection

@freelancenoob  I'm not aware of a way do this, but will ask if there are any workarounds.  GoToAssist can do this last I checked, using the Unattended install. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
freelancenoob
New Contributor

Was there any update on this? I ran wireshark and my results are different each time. It's like the port is randomized. I tried to turn off the service and only turn it on when I needed to use it but it would never stop an incoming connection.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

The services themselves communicate using port 443 (HTTPS/SSL) and port 80, so if you were to close these off you would effectively kill any communication attempts. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Anthony526
New Contributor

Steps to block all incoming connections:
  1. Two computer or systems have considered here For better understanding of Blocking all the incoming connections. ...
  2. To block all the incoming connections, please Press Windows+R of your computer.
  3. Type firewall. ...
  4. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
freelancenoob
New Contributor

Changing firewall settings will not work in a Domain environment where group policies are in place.

Darell7466
Visitor

I tried to turn off the service and only turn it on when I needed to use it but it would never stop an incoming connection.