cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralf_CT
New Contributor

Restarting Remote Broadband-Connected Bridged-Router Windows PC in Safe Mode

Restarting a remote LAN-connected Windows PC in Safe Mode is easy enough, BUT, how would one achieve this on a Broadband-connected PC where the necessary services to connect don't start in Safe Mode?  Furthermore, if the remote router is set up as a Bridge, i.e. the Internet connection is not established automatically, one has to 'dial in' , someone will have to physically connect to the Internet after the Reboot.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Restarting Remote Broadband-Connected Bridged-Router Windows PC in Safe Mode

@Ralf_CT  Although I'm not sure I understand the difference in this case between "broadband" and "LAN", I can say that you need to start windows in Safemode with Networking.  Otherwise you may be launching the OS into an 'offline' mode.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Ralf_CT
New Contributor

Re: Restarting Remote Broadband-Connected Bridged-Router Windows PC in Safe Mode

LAN refers to a wired local area network, i.e. PCs and laptops connected via a router in an office environment.  Broadband requires an Internet connection to a remote ISP, either via a 'connect automatically' connection, or 'connect as required' if the router is set up as a bridge.  Starting in 'Safe Mode with Networking' shows no network computers and the broadband connection is inactive, bringing up the following error, "Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager service" and if trying to start the service within 'Services' one gets the following error,  "Windows could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on the Local Computer", followed by "Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode".