cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlawton
Active Contributor

Unable to launch Remote Control Session

I've run into an issue that started late last week where I am able to establish a connection to a remote computer using Connect on LAN, however when I try to start the Remote Control Session, it shows the Connecting... dialog for about 20 seconds and then that fails and kicks me back to the previous screen.

I can access the File Manager, so I know I have a connection with the remote computer, and nothing has recently changed regarding our network configuration. These remote machines have all been connected to previously without problem.

Additionally, this only seems to affect some of the machines at a given remote site. I've also run into situations where I am able to connect to a machine, but then after I reboot it, I am no longer able to start/re-start a remote control session.

Has anyone else run into similar behavior?

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jlawton
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to launch Remote Control Session

Hi Glenn,

If the issue returns I will definitely give that a try.

For the sake of recording this issue with some sort of solution, here is the explanation I received from support:

"Thank you for your reply! Just for you to know probably the beta link was disable, since we test the new changes with that link before applying any changes to the actual Technician console, at this moment the must recent update has been updated to the cloud, and most likely that why you're able to connect as usual just now. These changes were made internally by our devs, due to this reason this should issue not happen again. "

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andrewmorrow4

Just started noticing this yesterday, on PCs that previously had no issue.
dennis442

Same issue!! Do you know how to solve it ? 

jlawton
Active Contributor

No solution yet. I have a ticket open with LMI support and they are currently reviewing the logs I sent them. I will update if/when I find out more information.

jlawton
Active Contributor

I tried connecting to some of the remote computers that were giving us problems last week and everything is working normally again. 

No changes to either my environment or the remote environment. LMI support is still reviewing the logs I initially sent. I've asked that they let me know if the logs show what the problem was, but as of now, I have no idea why the Remote Control Sessions stopped working or why it started working again.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Can you please try clearing out the contents of this folder on the technician's computer? 

• C:\Users\[user]\AppData\LocalLow\LogMeIn Rescue\Resources\COLApplet_%d
     Where thw %d = tech ID

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
jlawton
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

If the issue returns I will definitely give that a try.

For the sake of recording this issue with some sort of solution, here is the explanation I received from support:

"Thank you for your reply! Just for you to know probably the beta link was disable, since we test the new changes with that link before applying any changes to the actual Technician console, at this moment the must recent update has been updated to the cloud, and most likely that why you're able to connect as usual just now. These changes were made internally by our devs, due to this reason this should issue not happen again. "