Forum Discussion

HenrikC
Active Contributor
7 years ago

Slowness. Seriously... What's up with the lag and slowness?

I seriously don't get it. Is it just we here in Sweden that suffers from extreme logmein issues? It's so slow and laggy when connected to a client (LogMeIn client from macOS to macOS) that the only use for it is to remote in and start teamviewer.

It's been like this for years. When we started using and paying for it 5+ years ago it was blazing fast but today it's more or less useless. 

I have had a bunch of support cases logged for it but none have been helpful and most have just been frustrating and painful. 

So, is it just me? 

adrianofaleiro
    Active Contributor

i have the same issue, connections from macbook or pc to anothers pc is very slow... i have the pro account... 

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

adrianofaleiro HenrikC  Sorry, if your issue is still outstanding-- did you have any case numbers we could reference and follow up with?

HenrikC
        Active Contributor

Sorry, but I gave up long ago. But if you want to investigate this is one of them. 

• It’s brutal slow. I’m connecting from my decked out iMac at home to my decked out iMac at work and it’s lagging so bad. It’s a mac to mac issue. Always has been.
    If I use my mac to connect to windows at work it’s fine. If I use my iPhone to connect to windows at work it’s blazin my fast.
    It’s pretty much unusable from a mac to mac.
    I would love to know how to fix it or I’m going to have to consider other options.
      bgeoghegan
      New Contributor

'm also getting reports of slow response - the user likes to run apps full screen and uses alt-tab to switch. Refreshing the screen when changing apps can take up to 4 seconds. The network being accessed is in central Connecticut on a gigabit Comcast business connection. The user is either in central Conn. or Tennessee.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

bgeoghegan  I am sorry for that delay.  Did this just start happening recently?  Does the same thing happen with different clients, or have you narrowed the problem down to this one location?

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi martinbristow ,

Sorry for all the trouble there. 

I see that you created a couple of email cases some months back with our support staff.  If this is affecting multiple networks, would you please call directly into support in order to fully document the environment and run connection tests?  I am not aware of any changes made in the past year that would drastically slow down connections.

martinbristow
      Active Contributor

Hi AshC

Thanks for the reply however given the sea of forum compaints regarding LogMeIn performance I don't hold much hope that this is just an isolated incident or that (short of some major infrastructure investment/upgrades) you'll be able to fix the problem.

To clarify I've been using LogMeIn since 2007 during which time performance has slowly degraded to the point where the product is virtually unusable, you must be aware of these ongoing issues..?

Thanks

Martin.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

martinbristow  Sorry, I don't know of any ongoing, under investigation, or known issues like the ones you describe.  When I remotely connect myself, at the office (T-1), I have a delay of less than 1 second.  If your performance degradation longer than that in all environments, would you be able to call into support directly instead of creating an email case?  This would help us document any connection problems that could even be geographically isolated.

jdemodl
      Active Contributor

we are seeing a lot of lag and slowness in logmein. Particularly with open folders on their windows 10 computer. We have updated all the video drivers and reinstalled logmein. Anyone else have a fix for this? If i use teamviewer on the same computer i do not have any problem.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

jdemodl  I'm not aware of any known issues around data transfer delays.  Is this affecting the real-time remote control as well as folder sync?  Are all the host machines on the same network there?