Forum Discussion

Fred Marshall
Contributor
3 years ago

Which Executable for Unattended GTA?

Occasionally, I have Windows 10 Pro workstations that suddenly fail to work with installed Unattended GTA.
This is version 4.8.  
Right now, I have a workstation that has been refreshed with local hands-on help but this help needs to be repeated every few days.  That is not good!  All other workstations seem to be working fine in the same site, etc.

I see a large number of .exe files on the computers for GTA.  I'm wondering which one might be RUN in order to resolve this problem remotely?  I can access using RDP for this.

Of course, I'm hoping that running one of these will fix the problem.  I believe I've done it before but long ago.

I can see that the service is still running but no icon in the system tray.... ????

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Fred Marshall 

Can you expand on "suddenly fail to work"?   

Please download and run this application on the unattended computer to gather the GoToAssist RS v4 log files so we can review them. 

Fred Marshall
      Contributor

Today, I figured out what *may* cause "suddenly dissappeared".  A firewall can block communcations and the system tray icon goes away!  So, obviously, that wouldn't be a matter of the service or program being in a "not running" state - which is what I am pursuing here.  

I surely can't guarantee (or even imagine) that this was the cause when so many computers were behind the SAME physical firewall and yet the results were mostly good and only one or a few were "bad".

Fred

Fred Marshall
      Contributor

Glenn,

WIll do.  
      One thing I noticed is that the device is listed with an APAPI IP address.  No doubt due to the fact that it has multiple NICS.  I've disabled all the special ones now.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Oh, interesting. Please let us know if that corrects the issues and I will let the team know. I am not sure how much testing has been done with multiple NIC PCs