Forum Discussion

K12SysAdmin85
New Contributor
2 months ago

Blocking GoTo Spam without effecting meeting invites

Hello,

Our quarantine filter is being clogged up with hundreds of spam emails from GoTo every week, specifically from "replies@m.gotoconnect.com".

I have added the "replies@m.gotoconnect.com" sender to a block list with automatic delete. Will this have any effect on the services we use such as GoToConnect or GoToMeeting?

Thank you.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi K12SysAdmin85, welcome to the community.

I've moved your post to the GoTo Connect community as you have a GoTo Connect account and the emails are related to that. Can you provide some more details about the content of the emails?

K12SysAdmin85
      New Contributor

Sure, some of the subjects of the emails include;

Join our Webinar "3-Step Plan: Customer Communications for Business Growth"

It’s time to modernize your customer communications

Our webinar is today! Sign up and enhance your CX!

There’s still time to sign up and enhance your CX!

I don't understand why every single staff member of our school district needs to be spammed with these. Unless there is somewhere in the Admin Center where I can unsubscribe all of our users from spam then I will have to just block the sender. I just want to be sure that will not also block the actual emails we do want, such as meeting invitations and account creation invites.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Thank you. You should see less email soon. It would be good to make sure someone involved with the account is receiving them so that you do not miss out on any important announcements.

K12SysAdmin85
      New Contributor

Nothing has changed, still getting a lot of spam.

I'm just going to block and autodelete without notification for anything from "replies@m.gotoconnect.com" to our school districts domain.

I hope nothing important comes from that address.

mkeaton
    Frequent Contributor

Just to add to this discussion..

IMO There should be a place in the admin center to block marketing emails to our users.  We don't use this platform   to market for GoTo - its the only service we use that does this.  One of the  problems, or disconnects,  is that  GoTo is sending these emails regardless if we use that product line ( in my most recent   example would be for teams integration), to users that don't have any say in the product choices, nor the time to sit in on these.

These emails should be sent to the Admins, from there they can decide if its appropriate to be sent to the users, if it even pertains to them.

Our filter is catching them, but you all should know they are being marked for phishing

Like K12Sys,  we are going to block this from reaching any employees.. at least for now. 😃