Forum Discussion

MuniSoft
New Contributor
3 years ago

GoTo App changes to keyboard permissions

1. Is there a way to gain control of the attendee’s mouse and keyboard like before? In the help files we found an article on Remote Control, explaining how to give attendees control of the trainer's ...
    3 years ago

Hi MuniSoft 

I'm sorry to hear about those recent GoTo failures.  We would be interested in gathering some log files from any trainer who experiences sudden exit or audio loss from the application.  If this occurred both times with the same trainer, I would also suggest closing any unused / background applications that wont be needed during the broadcast. 

I'm afraid that granting keyboard controls, as well as unmuting and requesting webcam sharing are permissions that have changed in the new GoTo app for several privacy reasons.  It will always be up to the presenter to unmute themselves or grant controls to individual participants.  Remote control should be available to all desktop and browser based experiences, so we would want to learn more about the attendees having problems like which operating system and web browser they were using at the time.