Forum Discussion

GTT_User
Active Contributor
4 months ago

GTT Classic View

Please do not decommission the GTT Classic View.  I feel that the newer graphical user interface is very cumbersome and involves too many mouse clicks for the host. I also noticed that GTT has not removed the "Materials" tab so I am no longer able to upload documents for my students for my classes. 

The one-stop shopping aspect of the classic "Control Panel" has been very user friendly. If I lose that classic view entirely, I'll then have to switch to another platform that focuses on host value features such as Zoom. 

Thank you

GlennD
    4 months ago

Thank you. When your students join your session they will most likely start with the combined window view, so the Materials button will be located at the top.

If they have popped out the windows so they can place them where they want, it is located in the toolbar. 

You can add and remove features from your toolbar using the + and - signs and it will be remembered for your next session, as will where you placed the windows.

The reality is that the Classic experience will eventually be retired for good. The code Classic uses is old which means it is more work to maintain and develop new feature for. As for the UI, those changes continue to be driven by feedback we receive. We have made improvements to the GoTo App since it was introduced and more planned, like docking the toolbar on the side of the screen similar to the Classic experience.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi GTT_User,

Materials can be accessed in your Library when you sign in on the website.

During a live session Materials can be accessed though the toolbar. 

Can you provide more details about which functions you are finding more difficult due to the number of clicks?

GTT_User
      Active Contributor

I've been using GTT for 5+ years. So I'm familiar with how to upload materials documents. Tech Support has informed me that recently they no longer support this function in the "Classic View".  The want me to abandon that view and use the newer GUI, which I find very cumbersome and not worth using. Too many mouse clicks to do anything. I don't want to mess with arrange and managing multiple windows. GTT simply ruined a good thing to try and copycat Adobo, etc.  I may now have to move to the Zoom platform. 

As a host I can still upload materials and I can see the materials tab and the documents within it. However, the student who register and enter the class cannot even see the the materials tab. This issue surfaced about one month ago. It was never an issue for 5+ issues. 

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Thank you. When your students join your session they will most likely start with the combined window view, so the Materials button will be located at the top.

If they have popped out the windows so they can place them where they want, it is located in the toolbar. 

You can add and remove features from your toolbar using the + and - signs and it will be remembered for your next session, as will where you placed the windows.

The reality is that the Classic experience will eventually be retired for good. The code Classic uses is old which means it is more work to maintain and develop new feature for. As for the UI, those changes continue to be driven by feedback we receive. We have made improvements to the GoTo App since it was introduced and more planned, like docking the toolbar on the side of the screen similar to the Classic experience.