Forum Discussion

connerc15
New Contributor
2 months ago

Help with Incoming Calls

We currently have 3 users and use call blasting so that when someone calls, all 3 of our phones ring simultaneously.  This has generally worked well however my line is currently not receiving an incoming calls through Grasshopper - just the missed call notification. My wife is one of the other users and we have the same cell phone carrier (T-Mobile) and same account. Calls come through to her phone generally with no issues. We can be sitting next to each other and her phone rings and mine does not. It seems to happen most frequently with calls that show as an "unknown" caller on my phone. Oddly enough, on her phone, these often show up with a name. I'm at a loss of what else to do.

I have tried so far:

• signed out from the app, uninstalled, reinstalled
  • rebooted my phone
  • reset network settings
  • removed my user account, re added my user account
  • verified correct settings on my phone (silence unknown callers is OFF, no scam shield, or other scam blocking is on per TMobile)
  • Spent over an hour each on the phone with Grasshopper support and Tmobile support.  Both say it is the others problem

Hoping someone has some other ideas on what I can do.  TIA.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

connerc15 Welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Thanks for the detailed information. Two questions: 

• What is the make/model of your phone? Is it the same as your wife's? 
    • Does your phone ever ring? Or is it just not ringing when an 'unknown' caller rings? 

Thanks!

connerc15
      New Contributor

We are both using iPhone 13 pros.

My phone will ring consistently if the settings are changed in Grasshopper to show our grasshopper number instead of the caller's caller ID (this is not ideal as I would very much prefer to know who is calling.) Otherwise it seems like almost every caller shows with a number and "Unknown" as the name and the majority of those end up not ringing through to me.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi connerc15 sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. I'm checking with the product team to see if they have heard of this and will share updates when I hear more.