Forum Discussion

flashscuba
2 days ago

New problem with severe lag

Been using Grasshopper with Desktop App for years now, and love it. Sometime in September 2024, I began having severe problems with voice lag. I've contacted Grasshopper support, whose only suggestion was to delete the app and reinstall it, which did not fix the problem. I brought in a completely different computer for testing this problem, and newly installed the app, and still have the problem on both computers. Here's details.

Computer 1

Desktop, wired internet connection. 16GB RAM, Windows 11. Speedtest indicates speeds over 480Mbps. CPU usage on task manager is minimal, even during lag. Memory usage maxes at 52% of available memory, even when lagging according to resource monitoring. 

Computer 2

Laptop, wifi connection. 16GB RAM with 15.7 available. Windows 10. Latest Grasshopper desktop app downloaded. Same lagging. 

Note that the lag doesn't begin at the start of the conversation. It will only start after 20 minutes of conversation, then is extreme, to the point that conversation becomes challenging. 

I need help asap, this is interfering with my ability to talk with patients. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi flashscuba, welcome to the community.

I see that you ticket open with Support and they are investigating the issue. As this appears to be a localized issue they will be the best ones to troubleshoot it.