Forum Discussion

Lucas4
2 years ago

Hamachi locked all files in the same install path

Hey guys, I accidentally installed Hamachi into the wrong folder as I thought itd create its own folder (it installed into e:/downloads rather than e:/downloads/hamachi) and this has locked all of the files in e:/downloads. I can't move, delete or access anything as it says I need admin permission to do so which I do have. It also says that you require permission from Desktop-XXXXX\XXXXX which is the user Im currently on and the only user.

I tried uninstalling Hamachi but that didnt resolve anything

It there a way to regain access to these files or even just remove them?

• Ah nevermind, I found that I can manually restore permissions by selecting properties and changing the permissions via security
  • Ah nevermind, I found that I can manually restore permissions by selecting properties and changing the permissions via security
      GCox

So having the same issues.  Did what you did and it did not fix it.  Anyone have any things that actually worked?  I now cannot get into the drive that has my freelance stuff on it and I have pulled my hair out trying to fix it.  Help is much appreciated.

Derk

GCox, Did you try adding your user? I had to add [computer name]/administrator and set the permissions to full control to get it working.