Forum Discussion

New Contributor
10 months ago

What does Unattended Search tab do?

In the technician console you are able to open the unattended computers window. In this window there is the Unattended Search tab. What does this tab do? I don't see it anywhere in the technician console documentation. Does the Connect to input box allow specifying IP? What is being searched, what is being inputted to search, and what is the format?

New Contributor

Thank you for this information. Why would I use this tab over the the filter search in Unattended Accessible? The latter allows me to see all the computers and filter in real time? Does the filter search actually slow down when the computer count is very high?

jozsef_sarosi
        GoTo Contributor

Since Unattended MSI can be also used to deploy UA to machines, the number of UAs started to grow to 10,000-s  and even to 100,000-s. The first, quick fix by the developers for this problems was to add a new panel that can be used to do the mass search of the  MSI-installed devices. The original panel was intended to be kept for the devices deployed by rescue sessions. As backward compatibility.
        As your question shows those two panels with the same functionality are a bit disturbing. The developers are still working on a solution that both in Admin Center, and the Technician Console will unify the handling of UA device. Due to the code freeze at the end of the year the release had been postponed to early 2024.