Pete_Spotts
5 years ago
Reviewed by moderator

Manage waiting attendees through meeting lock functionality

Is it possible to monitor a list of people in the waiting room of a locked meeting and admit them individually? Or can those in the waiting room be admitted to a meeting only "in bulk"?

• We are considering moving from ZOOM to GOTO MEETING because there are a lot of features that are great which the others do not have, however, the ability to see the waiting room and admit from a waiting room would be a great feature to have. I know there are break out rooms now but this functionality would be better.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Reviewed by moderator
    KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    Reviewed by moderator
    to
    New

Status update: This feature is not currently planned to be included in our roadmap for this year. We will continue to keep the Idea open for comments and kudos. Your suggestions and support are highly appreciated, and we encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Reviewed by moderator
  • Hello

I would like to request/suggest the GoToMeeting to have an option in the waiting room to admit the participants one by one. We are using 13 no's of GoToMeeting Business Plan licenses to conduct the online classes for more than a year. Because at present, once the meeting is locked all participants will be in the waiting room, if we want to admit even one participant, we have unlocked the meeting where all others are also automatically getting in the meeting room which is creating a lot of problems. 

This is a basic feature available in all other platforms such as Cisco, Zoom, etc. Please look into this and do the needful at the earliest. 

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Krishnakumar  Great idea!  

I'll move this one over to the 'Ideas' section for later review. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Pete_Spotts 

Currently, you see a notification like this:

It does not tell you who is waiting to join the meeting, but we plan to add that in a future update. When you unlock the meeting everyone in the waiting room will join together.

michelle20

Hi is there an update on this feature. I'm looking to host a meeting but want to screen people in the waiting room before they enter the meeting.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi michelle20 ,

Although there are no updates from the product team yet, in my experience the locking feature works well unless you are extensively locking / unlocking the meeting room, where it has been known to fail sporadically when used too much.

AdamRiley
      Visitor

This is also something that is key to our organisation and our ability for our Board to use GoToMeetings.  Currently they are not willing to use GoToMeetings because of this lack of functionality.  Do you have any expected timelines for this update?

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

AdamRiley  Sorry, I don't have any ETA yet for this functionality.

ProjectOffice

that waiting list is also something that we are waiting for. earlier this week people were able to join and spam the meeting...

we did a test today with the unlock-lock and could not see that someone was waiting to participate.

The person in question could see that he is in the waiting area, but the organiser could not see that someone wanted to enter...

AJ5
    Active Contributor

Hello,

I am using the new GoToMeeting Interface and LOVING it. It's so much simpler and easier to use.
    However I am facing one problem.

I use the same Meeting room for most of my one-on-one meetings.
    And I often lock the meeting when I am talking to one person to give us privacy (so another person doesn't join).

Earlier I was getting alerts when someone was in the waiting room (due to meeting being locked).
    But now, that seems to have stopped :-(
    I am no longer getting alerts that "Someone is in waiting..."

While I have your attention...it would be awesome if the alert message could mention the name of the person.
    E.g. "John is waiting to join the meeting. Your meeting is currently locked, unlock it to let John in".

Thanks / Avi

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Avi,

Thanks for bringing this up, as the feature does not work as it had previously.  I'll try to get more info on if/when we'll be bringing back this functionality and update the thread here.