cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nonprofit
Active Contributor

Logmein Desktop App confusion

The description made it sound like I could install a desktop app that would let me view and access the computers in my Central account.

However, when I downloaded and installed the app, all it did was install the remote agent on my computer (the computer I downloaded it to).

I thought it was like a management application, one that I would install on my main machine and would allow me to control Central computers from the application, instead of through the website. Is that not the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nonprofit
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein Desktop App confusion

Ugh... the problem is that the download link on the Central site is wrong. Bad URL. It downloads the host software, instead of the client desktop app.

About par for the course around here lately.

If anyone else is looking for this desktop client, it is the Ignition client software. Central now gets access to it.

Here is the link I used:  https://secure.logmein.com/LogMeInIgnition.msi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nonprofit
Active Contributor

Here is what the notice in Central says...

"Now you can quickly connect to a remote computer using the desktop app instead of a web browser"

Nonprofit
Active Contributor

Ugh... the problem is that the download link on the Central site is wrong. Bad URL. It downloads the host software, instead of the client desktop app.

About par for the course around here lately.

If anyone else is looking for this desktop client, it is the Ignition client software. Central now gets access to it.

Here is the link I used:  https://secure.logmein.com/LogMeInIgnition.msi

prairiewalk
New Contributor

So the host app is only available for Windows?  Not for Mac OS X?

prairiewalk
New Contributor

Found the page with links to Windows and Mac desktop app, but like the Windows link the Mac link downloads the installer for LogMeIn not for a desktop App which would do same functions as web Central.  I'll try to figure out how to report this problem to LMI.

Connecticator
New Contributor

Actually the LogMeIn agent is also now installing the desktop LogMeIn Client automatically with the agent install. It's basically a slightly re-branded version of the Ignition app.

Tyler
New Contributor

Hilarious they link the wrong product, thank you sir for sharing this!

EricAnderson
Active Contributor

"Complimentary"

and it's still Ignition.

Does this mean I won't be charged for my Ignition subscription anymore?