Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add Updates section in Central to the API

0 Kudos

Add Updates section in Central to the API

The API is great and is doing everything we need, however it would be great to see the 'Updates' section in LogMeIn Central added to the API too. Even at a basic level being able to pull through how many (Quantity) of "Important Updates" and "Optional Updates" need to be installed on a host PC. We can currently do this for the Antivirus program, but not the Windows Updates - which seems simple enough?

10 Comments
ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hey!

Would it be sufficient if we could provide the number of updates available (important/optional)? Or do you want to have anything else on top of this? Implementing this API that only returns these numbers is not a big deal, however in case a more sophisticated API is required then we'll need some additional information and time to implement it. 

CambitionIT
Visitor

Hi, 

Yes, this would be perfect! We only really need top level numbers for Important and Optional updates per host device. 

Regards

Jamie

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey Jamie!

Understood, and thank you for your reply.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

CambitionIT
Visitor

Hey, are you able to give an ETA for this? Or is there an update at all?

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey @CambitionIT ,

I have created a detailed development ticket about this request and placed it high on our backlog. We want to finalise our committed roadmap items for this year, and we will start gradually working on new items. I cannot give you an ETA on this. The business needs are changing, we have a huge customer base with an (seemingly) infinite number of requests/needs.  We'll get there.

Thank you for your patience!

CambitionIT
Visitor

Good morning, 

We are keen to implement this functionality into our cloud portal system so customers can monitor the health of their MS updates on each machine. Is there an update on this request?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

An update on this request, at the moment, this feature is not currently on the roadmap. While we cannot provide you with an exact timeline for its release just yet, we will continue to monitor comments and interest and will provide updates as we know more. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

CambitionIT
Visitor

We are very keen to get this in place. It is crucial to our cloud portal working for our clients. Is there anything we can do to push this up? Or can we develop it for you to commit to your API?

It's such a small upgrade to your current system, that it wouldn't take long to do.

CambitionIT
Visitor

Dear GoTo Team, 

I didn't hear back on my last message. We have been in contact with our Account manager Rachel on this to see if we can get it pushed up the development list. An update would be great.  It's nearly a year since we first posted this and it got accepted by your team.