Additional info in "Computer Info" details on the LogMeIn Client apps for Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Additional info in "Computer Info" details on the LogMeIn Client apps for Windows

The website interface shows the device activity when clicked upon as in image 'web-info.jpg' where the activity status either shows "Currently active" or "Idle for # minutes", in the example it is ringed in red for currently active.

Could this also be added to the LogMeIn client app for Windows (and the respective place iOS too?) so that when clicking on a computer and then the ⓘ icon that in the Computer Info window that pops up an extra line of details appears as per that in the example image called 'app-info.jpg' ?

This would help for administration works to help avoid remotely jumping onto a system when the user is still present rather than being able to tell he/she has left for the day and the device is ready for inspection/diagnostics as the case may be.

Web interface as displayed in current releaseWeb interface as displayed in current releaseSuggestion for added details in Windows LogmeIn client app under Computer InfoSuggestion for added details in Windows LogmeIn client app under Computer Info

7 Comments
Verricom
Active Contributor

This is an inconsistency in the LogMeIn feature set, if visible in one environment it ought to be visible in the other. There is no case to say this enables malicious background activity if it is already enabled and accessible via the web interface so I cannot see any reason to not implement things.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hey @Verricom ,

We have a feature planned that has been posted on the ideas board (see: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Central-Ideas/Logged-In-User-integration-into-LogMeIn-Client-and-Ce...).

I see the overlaps between your and the other customer's request. Would it help you if we would channel this information (currently logged in user / no active logins) to the client application when the above mentioned feature is done? 

Verricom
Active Contributor

Not really what I wanted, just a simple indicator to show if a client is active or the device has been idle.

Verricom
Active Contributor

Still waiting for LogMeIn to indicate what needs info...

The request still stands, having the status of a remotely active machine in the LogMeIn Client program is still not there but is visible from the web solution which is clunkier and less productive.

Can this please be addressed and implemented or the issue confirmed as not going forward.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @Verricom ,

Sorry for missing your post. We have revisited this request and had a technical discussion on it. There is one prerequisite development required so we can complete your request too. I cannot give you a precise ETA just yet, probably we can undertake this in 2023.

DennisWhitcomb
Regular Visitor

8 months since the last comment from @ProCentPM --  this is a HIGHLY desirable and valuable feature request.  Any update on the development timeline for this feature?

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

@DennisWhitcomb , I am truly sorry for not giving any updates. There are a lot of business changes within GoTo that is directly affecting the Central development team too. Due to these changes I could not give priority to this item. Unfortunately I cannot see when we could realize this feature.