Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

LogMeIn Client credentials

0 Kudos

LogMeIn Client credentials

We would like the option to NOT allow users to save their LogMeIn credentials in LogMeIn Client.

Allowing users to save those credentials on their remote computers lets them bypass the requirement for multi-factor authentication each time the log into their work computer. 

Or is there another way to remove those credentials daily and force them to log back in with MFA daily?

Thank you!

9 Comments
ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Investigating

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Info

Do you want to prevent saving credentials of the actual logging in to the LogMeIn Client software OR do you want to prevent saving credentials of accessing host computers from your LogMeIn Client software?

Please provide us screenshots so we can further evaluate.

remoteworker93
Active Contributor

We want to prevent saving credentials of the actual logging into the LogMeIn client software.  We want to prevent users from checking the box "I trust this device.  Keep me logged in." Or prevent LMI client from saving the information even if they check the box.  Our goal is for them to have to enter their ID and password and MFA code every time they open LMI Client.

remoteworker93_0-1652977984817.png

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Thank you for sharing the details, we will look into the possible solutions.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Investigating

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

This request is now accepted, but it is still under planning so no concrete ETA yet.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Delivered
Verricom
Active Contributor

Could additional login policies be created for the use by MFA users who need the login details every time and for trusted clients who can save details to get connected without the additional steps.

It seems a bit Draconian and old fashioned to have a single policy enforced on all users when some would benefit from having easy access to systems that are not critical or have sensitive info and just need quick easy connections.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

I see your point @Verricom, I kindly ask you to open a new thread/entry  on Central Ideas board so we can actually keep track of what is considered, investigated, accepted, or rejected. We can look into what options we have here. The original request was not contained such level of detail and need. This feature is not enforced by default, it can be either enabled or disabled, currently it is up to the Master Account Holder to decide if he/she wants this additional layer of security or not, but I agree with you. It would be good to be able customize who should be enforced to enter credentials and who should not.