Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Report section to included device names that have been renamed or deleted

0 Kudos

Report section to included device names that have been renamed or deleted

The reports available within Central are great but really do not seem to provide enough information. 

When a device is deleted, LMI deletes all information relating to this device, why is this? Can we not keep this in the audit trail and set a retention period on the auditing logs? 

The report section should include device names that have been renamed or deleted, by which user and IP address. At present, it's becoming hard to track down these actions.

Are there any workarounds I am not aware of to find this info?

We would also find it beneficial for LMI to incorporate a deletion confirmation process:

When user 'X' deletes a device or group, it should go into a 'pending deletion'. These should then be accepted or declined by another user with relevant permissions, let's say user 'Y'.

This will then be added to an audit table of deletion user, device name, IP of user X and Y.

Thank you.

4 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@HappyHippo nice to see you around the Community. 

I'm going to share the need for information on deleted devices and a deletion confirmation process with the team and will pass on any information I have on workarounds and future implementation. Thanks! 

HappyHippo
Active Contributor
Hi Kate, do we have any update on this request? Thanks
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@HappyHippo I don't have a timeline currently for an implementation. I will check with the team and see if I can get more information on incorporating this. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Currently this is not on the timeline, but moving this to the idea section where others can kudo and comment.