Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Separate the Hardware and Devices sections in GoToAdmin

0 Kudos

Separate the Hardware and Devices sections in GoToAdmin

In the old PBX, Devices and Hardware were separate. Devices were billable items, including profiles using only the softphone, while Hardware referred to phones and other physical equipment that could then be assigned to Devices. A Device didn't necessarily need Hardware and Hardware didn't need to be on a Device. This made it simple as a technician to swap out phones due to faulty equipment or an equipment upgrade. The new system lists unassigned equipment with other Device profiles, and it does not let you easily swap a Devices physical equipment with Hardware either already on the account or a new piece of Hardware. As it stands now, if a customer wanted a phone swapped out, GoToAdmin forces me to remove the Device from the User, then add the new equipment in as a Device with the User assigned to it. I would then have to go in and put all of the speed dial buttons back on the new device manually. Before, I would go to the Device profile settings, click on the Hardware header tab, then change to the new equipment from the drop-down menu, and if it was completely new equipment, there was an Add New Hardware option. All other Device settings would be saved. Unless I am misunderstanding something, that is no longer the case. Having unassigned hardware mixed in with Devices also creates some unnecessary confusion regarding how many Devices are being charged. 

1 Comment
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator