cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenJP
Active Contributor

macOS Unattended download .PKG file Bundle identifier

I am using an MDM solution that allows me to add macOS PKG application install files to enable the automated roll-out of software to enrolled devices which reduce the admin burden on device setups.

The MDM solution requires that the uploaded application file is .PKG file format, and also requires a Bundle identifier/software version to be added to a couple of fields during the setup or it simply won't work.

Is it possible to get this information so I can upload the PKG file into the MDM solution and push out the software remotely?

9 REPLIES 9
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: macOS Unattended download .PKG file Bundle identifier

Hi @StevenJP can you try going into your account, click on Devices and then Add device in the top right corner. You can then download the PKG file which is tied to your account.

KateG_1-1675211128353.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
StevenJP
Active Contributor

Hi Kate.

I know that, however the MDM solution requires the bundle identifier to be able to add the .pkg file and that is what I do not have.
GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Hi @StevenJP ,

Sorry for late reply.

Bundle Id for Resolve Unattended: com.goto.resolve-unattended.ui
Latest version: 1.9.1.1752

If you have any questions or need more information please ping me directly and I will help.

Br,

Robi

Ari0
New Contributor

Hello there,

We are having the exact same issue with Intune. There are several bundleIDs within the .PKG. This no longer installs on our mac devices with the error "One or more apps contain invalid bundleIDs. (0x87D13BA2)". After following documentation on Microsofts troubleshooting page, it was recommended to remove all bundleIDs apart from the gotoresolveinstaller bundleID. Intune now shows the app has installed but devices aren't appearing in the list of devices on the resolve console.  The purple go to icon doesnt appear on the macs either. I've never had this much bother with an app install and theres little to no documentation on the GoTo website.

GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Hi @Ari0 ,

Thanks for sending your feedback.

The "problem" with Intune is that it renames the installer, but the Zero Trust information is conveyed in the file name (like GoToResolve_Unattended_K_0a2....20b6.exe)

The key after K_ must be available during the installation. Installation and connection can not be established without that. So the installer name must remain intact when deployed for install or mass install.

Can you please check if the Intune installation works via this step by step guide?

https://support.goto.com/resolve/help/goto-resolve-unattended-msi-deployment-in-intune-microsoft-end...

I believe this will solve your problem.

Other mass deploy options are described here:

https://support.goto.com/resolve/help/how-can-i-mass-deploy-the-installer

Have a nice day.

Br,

Robi

Ari0
New Contributor

Hi @GoTo_Robi 

I don't think this has ever been a problem because we trialled GoTo Resolve on msi or pkg deployments and they worked just fine up until a few weeks ago. The documentation about mass deploying .app files hasn't been updated in nearly 5 months.

Intune no longer supports .app file deployments. 

I think were going to remove GoTo from our Mac estate as MS Teams screen sharing appears to do the job just as good.

GIT-BT
Visitor

Hello,

Has there been any update on this issue? We are seeing the same issue when deploying the .pkg file to Mac devices via Microsoft Intune.  The main help document I see on GoTo's website for Mac refers to .app files which Intune no longer supports: How can I mass deploy the installer - GoTo Resolve Support

Ari0
New Contributor

Hello there,

After a few weeks of back and forth communications, we got no where! They kept pushing me to either mass deploying using jamf or manually installing the file! I am not willing to shell out thousands of pounds switching to another mdm/mam for goto. I gave feedback on on the lack of documentation on the matter. Teams screensharing does the job just as well if Im honest.

GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Hi @Ari0@StevenJP , @GIT-BT 

Sorry for the late reply.

We try to reproduce the case in-house. We are using JAMF for Macs, but we are going to set up Intune Mac PKG setup as soon as possible.

As I understood, you had different errors/symptoms.

If you can send me all details in a private message, that would help a lot to investigate the issue. I might also need logs from the remote Mac where you install it to see the reason of the failure.

As soon as we find the root cause we will update the support article too.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Br,

Robi