Minimize the tool bar in full screen mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I use GotoAssist to provide remote tech support for OEM control system software on test facilities that my company designs and builds. Almost all of those systems are dual monitors. I personally have 3 monitors. To be able to see both remote monitors at the same time I stretch the gotoassist window to fill 2 of my monitors. The problem is, I cannot make the tool bar go away. Please add this feature. I want to make the toolbar go away so I can go full screen on two remote monitors. The control systems I support contain software that I authored. In most cases the control systems are running machines with dangerous energy levels that require that I see the feedback from multiple monitors simultaneously to safely control them from 1000 miles away. Please and thank you.

3 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the use-case, Bill! 

Have you noticed any difference between GoToAssist V4 Vs. V5?

BillDuBose

Have I noticed differences between version 4 and 5 of GotoAssist? Not Really. I guess I don't have the latest. I just checked and my version is 4.8. I will look into downloading the latest.

BillDuBose

I just checked out version 5. It completely removed the ability to see two screens at once. SO I HATE IT!!! With version 4.8 I could at least stretch the window to two of my monitors so I could see the two remote monitors at the same time. To do that it must shrink the remote image somewhat to squeeze a toolbar on top. less than ideal, but better than nothing. Version 5 makes that impossible. So I will not use that version. I like the smaller toolbar but again, I want two monitors in full screen on two of my 3 monitors with a way to hide the toolbar so it is like I am sitting at the remote PC when I am doing support. I do not need to chat with text very often. I am usually on the phone with the operator anyway. all the other features are meaningless to me. I don't use your product like other people I guess. I am usually troubleshooting machine control issues that involves PID loop tuning of high energy systems, motion control, hydraulic control, system control.... it's all very dangerous and that potential for harm to equipment and personnel requires that I be able to act as if I am sitting right there at the remote PC looking at both monitors at the same time and being able to act quickly.