cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Addition of security notice on www.FastSupport.com

Hi Robin, can you please Email me your contact information so that we can call you and gather more details? Email: gotoservice@citrixonline.com
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
troglotech
Active Contributor

Case in point for Agent Contact Information on support request!
troglotech
Active Contributor

Robin might not have clicked in this if Agent Contact Information showed who the license was purchased by.

She might have noted his info and reported them to COL.

I know you do log sessions on the central server . You should be able to identify the wrong doer by his session information (Robin's computer and the approximate time of the connection)

If this proves malicious, you should blacklist this person from COL subscriptions.

If the scammer knew his billing identitiy IP and MAC address was being captured, he might not have tried this exploit using G2AX in the first place.
troglotech
Active Contributor

I've noticed that phishing attempts are up exponentially on my email accounts. The level of sophistication is making it harder and harder to identify malicious contacts. We've come a long way since the days of fortunes in Nigerian bank accounts!

Be careful out there, people.
Tem Boylan, Sr
Active Contributor

Thanks Felton. Completely agree. We all need to be hyper-vigilant.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Write a comment...
troglotech
Active Contributor

Tem, Glenn:

I didn't mean to divert the focus of this conversation to Email issues, although an Email could be used to transmit a GoToAssist invitation (which prompts another suggestion, to include Positive Agent Identification in G2AX Email invitations as will as in on screen session sighi ins.

I'd rather appreciate your thoughts on the Level 1 user empowerment (Agent Identification) and Level 2 COL fraud prevention (COL offender investigation and internal blacklisting) suggestions as outlined above, especially in light of Robin's experience?

I'm interested in both your policy perspective and your take on developmental degree of difficulty on both initiatives.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

I can answer the question about Level 2. We have a security team that monitors all of our products, and we do block IP addresses when possible. Of course they can always set up another free trial and use a new IP address, or switch to another service until they are banned from there and then come back. It is somewhat like playing "whack a mole", and that is only when we have enough information to identify the account.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Jamal11

Hi,

I think it would be even better when the "Continue" button is clicked a pop-up message is displayed with support agent information including address and phone number and whether a license is active (not trial). This is a better method instead of waiting until plug-in is installed to display the message that zyz agent wants to share computer.

Jamal
troglotech
Active Contributor

Thats what I'm sayin.