cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Re: Stuck at Login screen and unable to see username or password. CTRL-ALT-DELETE does not work.

WOw I feel the same way about the chat pop up window! I mentioned that in another post I made yesterday with multiple things I feel strongly about. 

Here is the post if you can comment would be great! 

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Remote-Support-v5/CTRL-ALT-DEL-not-working-and-other-v5-...

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Stuck at Login screen and unable to see username or password. CTRL-ALT-DELETE does not work.

Regarding Chat in v5, have you tried the Desktop Console for v5?  Or is the issue more that the client has to chat through the browser? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Yes, correct to the second statement. And actually, I mostly use the desktop console for v5. Very rarely the web console. Anyway, a pop up chat window just like v4 would be amazing.
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Here's another nuisance for you @GlennD not sure if you have any say or can guide me to relay the feedback to the proper team... But anything behind the toolbar is  not clickable. I literally have to take it off of full screen mode, then move the Chrome window in order to click on anything that was behind the toolbar. Why not auto hide it or only have it in use when hovering over that area?    

chrisg750_0-1648147019663.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @chrisg750 

I'm still trying to recrate the issue sending Ctrl+Alt+Delete in v5, there must be something specific about these computers that we're missing. What applications do they have in common besides GoToAssist?

The tab at the top of the screen when you are using v5 in full screen mode should be dragable if you click on the 2 rows of dots on the left. You can move it out of the way if it is blocking something on the client computer, that way you do not need to leave full screen mode.

chrisg750
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, to answer your question : "What applications do they have in common besides GoToAssist? " 

For the most part, nothing out of the ordinary besides Office 365 apps. Could be firewall/anti-virus related? Our PC's all run Webroot antivirus and we have a Sonicwall firewall in place if that makes any difference. Doesn't seem network related though. 
chrisg750
Active Contributor

I loved that chat feature as well! Also- Not sure why v5 dev team seems like its understaffed or something. Issues like this should be resolved by now. 2023 and still issues persist. These seem very easy to fix. I personally don't like having to have both v5 and v4 on every one of my workstations. v4's best features should have been considered. Like switching between monitors, chat feature, and even sorting/viewing unattended list on the console was easier/better on v4. Something simple like CTRL ALT DEL was never an issue. I still am having the same v5 issues from when v5 was in post BETA (over two years ago it seems).

EDIT: Completely forgot I replied to this post last year lol... crazy that similar issues are still ongoing. I don't know how enough people aren't talking about this.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

If you use the desktop console with v5, you can pop the chat window out and move it to another screen etc

GlennD_0-1677629828396.png

Right now a lot of the focus is on GoTo Resolve. We're working to build the best of v4 and v5 plus improvements that were requested for both v4 and v5 into GoTo Resolve

chrisg750
Active Contributor

That's great Glenn, but those prices are scary looking! I have a lot of agents, and might have to force me to look into other options if it forces us to move to this new software at a different pricing.