cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Which Executable for Unattended GTA?

The specific service is called: GoToAssist Remote Support Customer

GlennD_1-1661277033174.png

There is also a built-in feature that I completely forgot about that will do this.  In your v4 Unattended devices list, you can Reset the connection:

• This will completely reset the connection between the GoToAssist system and the computer, which can be useful if an error caused the computer's status to become "offline", "in session", etc. when it shouldn't be (i.e., if it is stuck at "In session," even though the session has ended, this should reset it to "Online"). Note that resetting the connection will end any support sessions in progress.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Fred Marshall
Contributor

I still don't know which of the executable files to launch.....
I'm now at another juncture where this is a problem and I sure would like to get it solved expeditiously!!
Thanks and begging...
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Today, I figured out what *may* cause "suddenly dissappeared".  A firewall can block communcations and the system tray icon goes away!  So, obviously, that wouldn't be a matter of the service or program being in a "not running" state - which is what I am pursuing here.  

I surely can't guarantee (or even imagine) that this was the cause when so many computers were behind the SAME physical firewall and yet the results were mostly good and only one or a few were "bad".

Fred