Allow customization of the default invitation text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I regularly create GoToMeeting sessions and pop the details intothe bottom of a calendar invite so both the link and the dial details are clear to see from there.

Every time I copy the text out I format it to strip out most of the text that's there. All I ever really want is:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/IDHERE
 Canada: +1... [rest of number]
 United Kingdom: +44... [rest of number]
 United States: +1... [rest of number]

Access Code: [code / meeting ID here]

It is quite frustrating removing the unnecessary lines every time to keep the info to the stuff my attendees actually need, I would dearly love to be able to pick a format for default clipboard copy that makes this easier! I know many of my colleagues do the same thing.

I have previously provided feedback about this, but since then you've changed the default text that gets copied and it is longer and more frustrating to format now.

It's a shame as your software is still the best way for me to screenshare and demo to colleagues & clients, so I end up doing this quite a lot! 🙂 The screen share quality vs Google Hangouts is generally much better.

Andy

77 Comments
Ed Dressel
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Formatting content for Outlook meetings.

I create a number of meetings each day using Outlook. When I create an appointment and click on "Add Meeting", it puts the text in the message, but I reformat the text--I change "United States" to "Phone", make the link clickable and indent the text so that it is more readable. This takes extra time, is subject to mistakes, and should/could be automatic.

Can I edit the template for the webinar? And can the link be clickable when it is inserted after clicking on "Add Meeting"?

Thank you,

Ed Dressel
Lee11
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled edit default outlook meeting requests.

Is it possible to edit the default Outlook meeting text that is used when you schedule a meeting? I find myself performing the same edits over and over (and over) again.
dressel
It's a nice room here that GTM support has given us to talk to each other, but one would sure wish we weren't just customers interacting with each other. Sigh.
Rachel Blum
I have the same problem. STILL 3 years after this comment.
Rachel Blum
I am a new customer of GTM and this is the first thing I thought we needed. Everyone is asking me about an audio PIN even though they don't need one to participate. Ideally, a PIN could be assigned before the link is clicked on. We would also like to have a mobile friendly number in the invite... ideally, the mobile friendly link would include the audio PIN as well.
David Krier
Wow... 4 years later and this obviously important capability isn't available. Come on guys...
Jens Busse

I often use an existing email thread to create a meeting invitation in Outlook. When I "Add Meeting" the information goes to the very bottom of that thread. It would be very helpful to be able to be able to control where the meeting info is added in the body.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jens!
Thanks for this input!  I guess the function wasn't designed for already existing email threads.  Another way around this is to copy an existing meeting from the My Meetings area --  Online, or through the application in your task bar or doc.  Then paste the template into an existing email or page of your choosing once complete.

Jens Busse
Well, then it is easier to just go to the bottom of the thread and copy the inserted meeting to the top. Thanks for the reply. It would be easy to implement my suggestion. I could do it in 5 mins or so 🙂
Mike Mayer
I also would like this feature!