Allow customization of the default invitation text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I regularly create GoToMeeting sessions and pop the details intothe bottom of a calendar invite so both the link and the dial details are clear to see from there.

Every time I copy the text out I format it to strip out most of the text that's there. All I ever really want is:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/IDHERE
 Canada: +1... [rest of number]
 United Kingdom: +44... [rest of number]
 United States: +1... [rest of number]

Access Code: [code / meeting ID here]

It is quite frustrating removing the unnecessary lines every time to keep the info to the stuff my attendees actually need, I would dearly love to be able to pick a format for default clipboard copy that makes this easier! I know many of my colleagues do the same thing.

I have previously provided feedback about this, but since then you've changed the default text that gets copied and it is longer and more frustrating to format now.

It's a shame as your software is still the best way for me to screenshare and demo to colleagues & clients, so I end up doing this quite a lot! 🙂 The screen share quality vs Google Hangouts is generally much better.

Andy

77 Comments
TomerTishgarten
Does not. Seems like there is no single solution. 😞
Olivia Bellanto
Looking to customize the call-in instructions template that GoToMeeting has because it'd be more efficient to create a template rather than copy, paste and re-do the instructions. Is this possible?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor
Hi Olivia,
At this time the GoToMeeting invitation templates cannot be edited or programed beforehand (besides the language support variations in place for certain localities).

Sylvie Woolf
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Changing template for meeting invites.

We recently purchased a call recording service and need to let people know in writing that they may be recorded. Is there are a way to change the meeting invite template to include a line that they may be recorded?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Sylvie,

Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to customize the default meeting invitation text. If you are using Outlook to send your meeting invites, you could save the messaging as a signature in Outlook that you could then insert into the meeting invitation with a couple of clicks.

Sylvie Woolf
We use Gmail - any solution for that? Thanks!
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Sylvie,

I apologize this feature request has not been implimented.

The default invitation template cannot be customized for automatic distribution, but the text can be customized to anything you want, after it populates into the Email.  We provide the template with a nice join link + dial in info, and you can change this formatting to something else once the email populates.  If you have an email signature on a localized email application, this should also populate into the message triggered by GoToMeeting.

Joyce Lynch
Thank you for the suggestion of creating a signature with the meeting details I wanted.  After clicking 'Schedule Meeting,' I wiped out the default text that was added (the text we can't change), added my 'Meeting Invite' signature, and things were exactly what I needed in my invite 🙂  This has done the trick for me. Again - thank you!
Mathew1
Is there anyway to edit the text that goes into the calendar invite when a meeting is scheduled? I know that I can add a logo, but can I edit the actual text?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor
Hi Mathew,
When you create a GoToMeeting invitation only a template is created, which can be edited to include whatever text or pictures you'd like (depending of course on the limitations of your email system).